• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Treks Unibody Stiffeners

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
Are they worth it?
They're priced at $120 plus shipping... are they worth it?
Does anybody know the gauge/thickness of the steel? It doesn't say on their website. I realize I can just make my own, and I'm gonna get a quote from the local steel supply tomorrow, but if its close in price I may just go with the Treks. Anybody have experience with these?

uuummmm................. YES!!!! If you actually wheel, it is worth the life of your uniframe!

Alright, f*ck it... I'm lazy and son't want to cut/measure/bend. Does anybody know any wholesalers or something where I can get them cheaper? (I'm lazy AND cheap lol)

Alright, f*ck it... I'm lazy and son't want to cut/measure/bend. Does anybody know any wholesalers or something where I can get them cheaper? (I'm lazy AND cheap lol)

You are shit out of luck then you cheap lazy bastage!! :gee:

They're 3/16" thick and well worth the investment.

And you're not going to find any cheaper stiffeners as most other mfg's pre-drill them (a bit superfluously at that) for Rosette welds.

they are super worth the money, i drilled my holes lol
P1010299.jpg

see those threads bottom left of this page... marked "Similar Threads"... ya, they'll give you plenty of information on this topic... go figure.

They're 3/16" thick and well worth the investment.

And you're not going to find any cheaper stiffeners as most other mfg's pre-drill them (a bit superfluously at that) for Rosette welds.

It's hard, and bent and weld-o-licious...... :doh:
Whoah, really?!! That must be some quality stuff! I'm sold! :moon:

see those threads bottom left of this page... marked "Similar Threads"... ya, they'll give you plenty of information on this topic... go figure.
Checked em already, didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks for the help guys.

Deff. worth it. I noticed a slight differance with just the stiffners,but with the trac-bar brace,belly pan and sliders all tied together it really feels alot differant. Alot of interior rattles and such went away and my doors actually open and close while the jeep is twisted up. One of the best things I did for the jeep.

Uh-oh... options!

HD:
Cheaper, probably lighter, predrilled.
Too many holes

TnT:
Looks beefier.
Have to drill myself, heavier.

Whaddya think?

I say HD... i put them on mine (that was my writeup earlier :wave1:) and like i said in that thread i'm glad i didnt have to drill all those holes myself... and after driving and wheeling, i am glad that they did do all the holes they did, it really attaches it better. as far as thickness goes, yeah Trek's and Ruffstuff's are 3/16... and farking heavy. i guess since i dont wheel super hard the HD ones are awesome for me, but if you are really going to be twisting up your xj you might want something thicker with the addition of bumpers and bracing.

G

Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards the HDs.
On the Treks website it looks like the support wraps all the way around the u-channel instead of just being an L shape bracket type thing... does it?

P.S. nice writeup, I know what I'll be looking at when it comes time to install :yelclap:

Back