• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek re-do & Saxon mnt!

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
So had plans, fumbled around with them, then went ahead and just did it.

Hooked up with JAWA (called him at 5pm on Friday) and a couple other guys and got up early and finally finished Spring Creek all the way through!

Once completed we decided to go down Saxon to finish up the day with a nice scenic route back to civilization.

Only trail damage we had was JAWA pulled out his valve stem at the Rock Garden on his passenger rear tire.

I have a lot of videos here on TRAILDRIVEN.

All pics belong to us are HERE.

Here are some of my highlights;

At the start of the day.

Picture001.jpg

Scenic.

Picture014.jpg

Oh yeah, farther than we got before!

Picture025.jpg

Lunch at the meadow.

Picture064.jpg

Post Rock Garden vehicle inspection.

Picture062.jpg

Saxon;

Oh how relaxing.

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Shelf road anyone?

Picture077.jpg

Picture086.jpg

See the Deer?

Picture096.jpg

Teaching my boy how to air up the tires after a trail run.

Picture104.jpg

ENJOY THE PICS! ;)

Make sure you check out the vids with the link, my video taker got better......

There was one that slept in & one that canceled, you guys missed some fun and you know who you are. :D

Last edited:
ARGGGH! Whys wasnt I invited? Looks like a ton of fun!

:cry: ...............that is why you should send me your # and I can add you to my "last minute trail runners group"! :D

...........oh by the way you did miss a lot of fun..................................:greensmok

Last edited:
LOL at the Blue Heeler!

Saxon ROAD is a fun drive, just a little bumpy. Last year I put my daughter behind the wheel for the switchbacks. Good times!

So now that you've finished Spring Creek, how did your custom arms work? Are you leaving the heep alone now, or tweaking something else?

LOL at the Blue Heeler!

You laughing at the fact he was hiding until he heard his name called and popped out the window? (video, 3rd obstacle)

Saxon ROAD is a fun drive, just a little bumpy. Last year I put my daughter behind the wheel for the switchbacks. Good times!

So now that you've finished Spring Creek, how did your custom arms work? Are you leaving the heep alone now, or tweaking something else?

road / mountain....what ever! :jester:

It was peaceful to the end of the day and a nice scenic trail for that effect.

My custom short arms took a beating, broke one zerk so I am going to removed them until I grease them. I beat them pretty good running straight on into rocks...................my big thing now is a matching front CRANE cover cause I keep bashing it! :gee:

...............never really done tweaking are you?

Got my rear bumper/carrier to build, change some things on my roof rack. Build/buy some more armor that is where my damage is concentrating on. Keeping it kind of where it is at for now, besides gears, cutting out the front fenders and going to 32's / 33's I am done, but maintenance.

You laughing at the fact he was hiding until he heard his name called and popped out the window? (video, 3rd obstacle)
I didn't get to the 3rd video, just watched the 1st.

I used to have a heeler mix, he was always where the excitement was. Those bonehead dogs are fearless. LOL

I have to make a correction.

JAWA and his valve stem was not the only trail damage. When I came back into town after Spring Creek I noticed a weird noise when I would take off from a stop. Looked underneath the Heep today and found my tranny mount was complete separated, toast you could say. Must have been a gonner and this run just finished it. Check it out HERE.

So ya, I found my noise............................:D

Last edited:
Back