• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenchfest part 2! 4/17 - 4/18

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok I'm going to try again. Looks like Andy (Ironman 4x4) will be down Friday afternoon for some wrenching and beer drinking. (Not necessarly together.) Anyone with a free Saturday with nothing better to do can come watch or help out. It will be an adventure I'm sure!

I have been cleaning out the shop for the last month or more. I got the axles out and put them close to the jeep this past weekend.

D60002.jpg

Got the shop cleaned. Looks like Andy might be bringing some help from Concord. Moved the rear to the rear.

Shop006.jpg

Pulled the tires off the front and the calipers. These are typical on how the D44 and D60 on fords attach. Thought I would throw this image up there on what I had to do to get the set piece out. Basically I held a piece of angle with vice grips and beat on the top edge of the I beam looking retainer.

Shop002.jpg

Ok, got the perch off the PS and the swaybar bracket off the DS.

Shop006.jpg

Shop003.jpg

Shop004.jpg

What truck did you get your D60's from?

That is probably like finding a needle in a haystack, huh?

Keep posting the pics. I like the build photos.

That is probably like finding a needle in a haystack, huh?

Keep posting the pics. I like the build photos.
Yes I looked aruond but not hard for a couple years. I happen to find these on NC 4x4 and was 3rd in line to get them. Best I can tell you is if you wnat this axle have about 1200 cash sitting readily available so when you do find it you can snatch it up. I need to clean the office now Ihave a guy form coperate comeing up next week. So I got the box of Ballistic Fab brackets from behind my desk and put them out in the shop next to the front.

Shop008.jpg

I got an inside scoop on a deal on 40" LTB's and 42 SX's. I messed up though. the 40" LTB is not available in the 16.6" rim and there are no plans currently in the works for it to be done. However, I was told it would not be that hard to do. So I told the guy at Interco that they should by all means consider it bc a lot of guys are running the H1 rims. So I will be ordering some 42 SX's next week some time.

Back