• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2009 MWC Pig Gig; Mark your calender!

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calenders!

Sept. 5th 2009 will be the 3rd Annual MWC Pig Gig. We've moved it back a few months this year. We've got other stuff going on and, if we move it back a bit maybe it won't be so darn hot!
It will be held in the same location as last year, in Louisville, IL at ILLXJ's place, which is actually north of Louisville a little bit. Look for exact directions to posted up here later.

For the Pig Gig first timers:
We get a pig, Jim and myself shoot it, butcher it and put it on a roteresee roaster. We start the pig early in the morning and eat when it's done. There is power if you need it for a crock pot or whatever. We do ask that everyone brings a side dish to share. We take up a collection to cover the cost of he pig. Anything collected over the cost of the pig is donated to the MWC Treasury. While the pig is cooking, we shoot guns and socialize. We have slinger-dinger targets set up at 100 yards to shoot at. We also have have short range pistol targets as well. If you got it, bring it and shoot it. We had all kinds of nice firearms last year. Just a little bit of everything. This is a non-wheeling event. No XJ required.:D

Accommodations for those wishing to stay:
Primitive camping is available at the Pig Gig site. If you'd like a little more plush accommodations, there are options. Effingham, IL is about 20 miles north of the Pig Gig location. Effingham has several different hotels to choose from. You can use www.hotels.com or something similar to find a place. Flora, IL (15 miles south) has only one hotel that'd I'd recommend and that's the Best Western(Lorsin Inn). You should be able to find it online as well.

This event is open to anyone that has the guts to show up. Good times, good people and lots of flying brass.
Bring lawn chairs.

Hope to see you there!

Awesome! I will be there if I am not camping down at my Grandpa's that weekend. I am hoping we have a family camping/reunion sometime this summer!

thinking about it...but not sure if the missle trucks can make it that far :D

(actually that is usually a big lake party weekend for us, but we will see what happens.)

Everyone got their calendars marked?:eyes:

For What? :D

Sounds yummmy!

So, where is this 'Illinois' place you talk about?
Isn't that just east of Lake Tahoe?

Yep, just head east you'll get there sooner or later. JIM.

Jim, I'm guessing thats the attitude you have when you drive across the country?

No, JIM has to wait for someone to show up with a trailer when he drives halfway across country. :D

At least he attempted it........that's more than I was able to do.

Last edited:
Jim, I'm guessing thats the attitude you have when you drive across the country?

I plan on taking a day & a half to get to Chicago, if that tells you anything.:doh: JIM.

I'll put it on the calender, its far enough away that we should be able to make it.

I've got a few BB guns, maybe I'll pick up some ammo and bring them along. :greensmok

I'll put it on the calender, its far enough away that we should be able to make it.

I've got a few BB guns, maybe I'll pick up some ammo and bring them along. :greensmok

That'd be fine! John brought his pellet gun last year.

That'd be fine! John brought his pellet gun last year.

And nobody laughed at me, very much...

:D

I'm hoping to make it again, and if work stays busy, may have something a little more powerful than the pellet gun.

A certain former jeeper and current gun-nut/brewer may be interested as well.

And nobody laughed at me, very much...

:D

I'm hoping to make it again, and if work stays busy, may have something a little more powerful than the pellet gun.

A certain former jeeper and current gun-nut/brewer may be interested as well.

I've never met this former jeeper and current gun-nut/brewer. I've heard alot about him though.....Hope you guys can make it.

I've never met this former jeeper and current gun-nut/brewer. I've heard alot about him though.....Hope you guys can make it.

This gun-nut/brewer doesn't run gun barrels through a tube-roller, does he? :scared:
I have a couple of new toys I can bring.

Back