• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caribou Creek Jan 3rd.

Hubbazoot

NAXJA Forum User
Planning a trip up to caribou creek on jan 3rd, in celebration of my acceptance to mines, and my bigger tires (really just want to wheel.).
Arrival at trailhead: approx. 9:00am?
Post here if you're interested in going.

Current 'rules of the road':

0. NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND
1. Bring recovery gear, warm clothes, your own food.
2. At least one car length between vehicles, only one vehicle crossing any given 'obstacle' at a time to avoid multiple stucks/collisions.
3. If you get stuck, honk/signal driver in front of you.
4. STAY ON THE TRAIL.
5. No alcohol/drugs.
6. All other rules concerning common courtesy and road safety apply here.

We will discuss driver order and lunch plans at trailhead.
I will do "all call" pm's on the first to confirm you are going.

Last edited:
where is caribou creek? if its somewhat local then count me in... but im going to have to bring my heroin and crack rock if thats cool.

copy/pasted from 4x4trails.net:

Caribou Creek
Boulder, CO: Trail Head: N 39?58 791, W 105?34 733 Trail End: N 39?59 296, W 105?34 666

From Nederland, CO (west of Boulder), take Hwy 72 north and look for signs indicating University of Colorado Research Area. Take this road (CR116) west and it will lead you through the trail.

Is there a regular meeting spot there in boulder that we could maybe meet at around 8:30 (if you want to be at the trail head by 9:00)? i think ive heard that there is a starbucks that people usually get together at and then start a convoy to the trail?

Last edited:
You only beat me because you are at home with nothing to do other than NAXJA and I am at work!

Nope I am at work..........slacking off about to go into a managers meeting. I multitask, I am browsing the web, working on duty calendars for next month hoping no major incidents happen between now and 4pm tomorrow...........cause after that we are closed until the 5th of January! Whoohoo!

........get back to work you slacker! :rolleyes:

I might be down that is in my backyard, but it depends on how cold it is that day. It is suppose to be all wintering snowy and cold that weekend. However it is a week out and weathermen always lie :)

Nope I am at work..........slacking off about to go into a managers meeting. I multitask, I am browsing the web, working on duty calendars for next month hoping no major incidents happen between now and 4pm tomorrow...........cause after that we are closed until the 5th of January! Whoohoo!

........get back to work you slacker! :rolleyes:

Remember I work for the Government. We dont work!:nono:

Back