• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

masta' bruces tc skid.

R_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
after waiting more than 9 months i found one that i feel is the best. locally made, AMERICAN made and best of all.......cheap, dare i say.

brucesskidplate001.jpg

good mounting points to the crossmember. mine is a custom for my longarms and it feels really solid, got them torqued, dont try that on all of them. my crossmember is really thick, and i tapped it.

brucesskidplate003.jpg

the gap had to be filled.

brucesskidplate007.jpg

lots of coverage!

go get yo self one, includes hardware and full color instructions that really work. mtnside this weekend will test it out.

Went to put mine on this weekend. Drilled the holes with a 5/16" bit like the diresctions say, and the damn bolts supplied with mine are the same size as the hole!!!:twak:

I sent him a message to see what's up, and won't be able to get 3/8's till tomorrow. I was pissed ...lol.:cry:

life, laugh it off.

im going to let a slight amount of surface rust build and give it a nice custom natural redibrown color. clear coat on top of that to lock in the color. no significant rust here in southeast tennessee. i am not into mud unless there is not any other option. i dont think this skid will dent, scratch, and scrape, but no dents.

Went to put mine on this weekend. Drilled the holes with a 5/16" bit like the diresctions say, and the damn bolts supplied with mine are the same size as the hole!!!:twak:

I sent him a message to see what's up, and won't be able to get 3/8's till tomorrow. I was pissed ...lol.:cry:

Hey Steve...I just got your message in my e-mail...sorry, I was on a wheeling trip this weekend. I'll have those new bolts out to you tomorrow by priority mail (the earliest possible I can do so).

Just to let everybody know what happened here...I sent e-mails to everybody who purchased a skid recently telling them to use a 1/4" drill bit instead because the bolts supplied were 5/16" as opposed to the correct size of 3/8". I guess Steve didn't get the e-mail for some reason...:badpc:...probably my fault though. Anyways, our bolt supplier gave us the wrong size bolts. They invoiced us correctly so we knew nothing about it, plus it's hard to pick up a 1/16" difference by eye.

Steve - Again, I'm very sorry about this! On the bright side, at least it's an easy fix...:gee:

Oh yeah, we have a website up now www.appalachianarmor.com. If you want to order one, you can PM me or e-mail at [email protected].

where in GA are you and are these ready to dhip? i might just come get one. nice work.

where in GA are you and are these ready to dhip? i might just come get one. nice work.

Yeah, we're near Dacula, GA...kind of near Athens (Dawg Country). I believe I have 2 left in stock ready to ship. I'm not sure when the next batch will be ready as we've really been focusing on getting some new products going. If I had to guess I'd say we will have more in about 3-4 weeks.

Those fellas roll out of dacula,ga. I got the red skid from the instruction sheet hehe!

Is it still all nice and pretty in red??? I hope not! That means you haven't been wheeling it properly! ;)

rocker skins, simple angled iron for minor rocker panel protection.

Man I wanted one of your original skids but now this little jewel has got my attention: "XJ HD Full Width Underbody Armor". Need any product testers? :looney: Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Bruce,
Can you paint it Aqua Pearl?!!? :roflmao:jk looks very nice!

Thanks Bruce, got your email. No problem, shit happens. I just want it on!!!! :greensmok

HaHa! Of course it's still red/orange! All it's seen is a little mud cause the jeep sat forever.

Listen, our stuff isn't built for mall crawlers. Don't make me deem you unworthy and pull a Miller High Life product repossession on you!

:moon:

Listen, our stuff isn't built for mall crawlers. Don't make me deem you unworthy and pull a Miller High Life product repossession on you!

:moon:

Now that is fuuuuuuuunaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Those look good dude!

Do ya do custom work too?

Back