• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sept. 30th Slade/ Natural Bridge

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
I have to back out of the Harlan run...it's just too far, how about Slade?

Bob Myers said:
Or Livingston?
Never been there....would like to go, anyone else? I think they are both about the same distance for me from Louisville.

It is rocky and less mud than Slade. We rode Slade for 3 years before the first trip to Livingston and now have been more times to Livingston in a year than all the years trips combined to Slade. We go almost every weekend. This weekend is out though, we are motorcycling up into Indiana to watch a friend pull at a tractor pull.

STEELFISH said:
Exit 49 of I-75, get off and drive up the hill past the Old shell station and you're there. Real easy, just make sure you have your registration with you.

Jeremy, you interested?

Wife and i are going next Saturday, September 16, 2006. She'll be in her XJ and i in my Bronco. Our normal plan is to park at the 49'er truck stop at exit 49, west of the interstate. We do have permission to park tow rigs there as long as you park as far to the rear of the lot as possible so as not to impede the truck traffic there. I must also emphasize that you should buy gas and such from the truck stop(usually they are any where from .03 to .10 cheaper anyway) and casually mention to the people behind the counter how much WE as a group appreciate their willingness to allow us a parking spot. They do have full meals also in case you are interested, and as far as i know they are still open 24 hours in case you wish to camp up on the hill and need something.
There will be some folks from Ohio joining us for this so we will not have any empty seats for this trip. There is about anything there to ride that you would find at Slade, except the mud level is much less at Livingston. We led a group around back in the early spring that included a totally stock XJ open/open on 28" tires. We strapped him once, and he was able to bypass all the stuff above his abilities. And there are places that lots of people have tried and only a few select crazy people have climbed.

10:30am 49'er Truck Stop, Green Xj and Blue BroncoII See you there.

Jeremy that would be a great way for you to save the postage on the parts I'm making for you, unless of course they are needed to make this ride.

you guys are killing me, I don't know if I can get off another weekend...I am off the weekend b4 for Natural Bridge...(don't know that I can make it)
and the weekend after for Badlands....probably can't make it unless, I can trade weekends from the one before.

We'll see.
J

It's nice to know that there are some people local or fairly local to wheel with. I would love to go, but my rig isn't quite ready yet. I'm waiting on some front tow hooks from another member, need to decide on rear recovery (hitch or bumper), would prefer to have skids, a cb, and better tires. I hope to have all this accomplished by spring. I'll keep an eye out for futrue events and if I'm ready, and I don't have to work, I would like to go. It's my DD so I wouldn't want to do anything hardcore, yet something challenging none-the-less.

SO WHO'S IN? for Livingston.
I am wanting to camp Friday and Saturday night.......

Camp if you must, let us know where to find you, or come down to the truck stop around 9:45 and find us. My wifes green XJ with the sticker across the back that read;"This isn't my husbands Jeep" is easy to spot.

BRIANHO13 said:
Well, I will only be camping if I can talk somone else into camping as well.
I'll be camping right here at my house on Friday, about 14 feet behind where I'm sitting right now. Soft comfy king sized bed, with a feather filled comforter,and a nice warm wife to snuggle with, and no there aint no room for any one else.

Back