• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new fan assembly(electric)

Wow at first i thought it was gonna be the standard cooling fan thread...

But that kit looks pretty legit.

Keep us updated, post up your results and any fitment issues with that system.

I will....try to remember that.(write up + pics)

Will be adding a second temp sensor to be able to run them in 3 setups.

0 fans running on cold start up
1 fan running when reach 1 temp limit
2 fan engaging when upper temp limit reached( delayed second temp. sensor)
3 fan AC angaged or upper temp limit reached

or something like that..:wow:

$275???

TunaSoda said:

My thoughts exactly. Those fans done even come on some special mounting bracket. Its just 3 10" fans that mount through the radiator and a temp controller. If you look around on Ebay, you can get 3 new 10" fans with a controller for ~$125 tops.

I got rid of my mechanical fan on my 88 a few years back, and I loved it, but there was one problem with this mod. The problem was that being an 88 with almost 300,000 miles on it meant that there were some leaks in the weatherstripping and the exhaust manifold was cracked. This was not a problem until I got rid of the mechanical fan that was running all the time and installed the electric that only came on at 195*. The problem was that in the winter time there was not enough ventilation in the engine compartment and when the heater was on the exhaust would come into the cab. When I later put the mechanical fan back in (e-fan crapped out) the problem went away. Just something to keep in mind.

I will put in mind your experience with your swap to electric fans.
May than be an idea to keep one of them set to a lower engage point(i.e 150*) to be sure that the engine has a constant fan cooling support and solve the problem of having no exhaust problem in the compartment.

Will play with these temp. set point for a while to get som experience.

I got that kit too. im still bending up a sheet metal shroud to mount them. dont believe them when they say no shroud is needed you are missing 30% of the radiator from the airflow without one.

Never had any exhaust smell in the cabin on my 95 with twin electrics only running when they should at 220 for the last 5 years. But keep my door seals in good condition.

Back