• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driver seat done

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
It started like this

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Had to put the new seats in, trying to finish the passanger seat later party1:

Looks pretty sweet, are they waterproof? Where'd you get them from?

Water proof, chit i live in a cal desert.. LOL.. Got them from JC Whitney..These sit about 2" lower than my stock seats.. I'm over 6'1 so it helps

Looks alot like mine.

dsc00887rp6.jpg

Mine sit too high though so I'm going to have to refab the mount before I really hurt myself from hitting my head.

Yes they are.. I used flat stock on the front, bent it down for a offset about 1.5".. Worked good, i have power seats..All i need to do is put covers back on the bottom...

P1010011-1.jpg

dard1324 said:
Mine sit too high though so I'm going to have to refab the mount before I really hurt myself from hitting my head.
Wow yours do sit higher.. Look at the pics of driver seats.. your about 1.5 higher than me....My front flat stock started out about 5" long, then i beat it to drop down.. Is was a pain in the butt...Good luck with lowering yours..... Did you do w write up on these awhile ago?

Here is a pic i got from here, i out lined the areas... Hope this helps....

DSC00047.jpg

I cut off the bolts sticking up that his flat stock is bolted to..In purple boxes...Then i drilled the small holes in the front to mount my brackets to.....They are the red boxes... You can see the pink drop bracket i drew.. It is in the lower front of pic... You can see by the pics of your and mine.. Dropped the seat alot...

Yeah I followed that write up step by step and they turned out a little high. When ever I stop being lazy I'll get around to lowering them.

It is a nice starting point for short people.. But it took me only 45 min more to drop them down.. Making the brackets was the pain... It was hot here when i started the passanger side, thunder storms rolling in...Love this time of year....

Back