• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cylinder misfire

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2000 Ford Focus 2.0 SOHC with a misfire in it's #2 cylinder. I've replaced the spark plugs and wires and no improvement. Its calling out a P0302 error on the OBDII scanner. Any ideas?
EDIT:Also, it shudders real bad whenever the engine is under load, has a very noticeable loss in power and maks a weird kinda puffing noise from the exhaust.
EDIT2:I just replaced the EGR pipe Sat since it burned a big enough hole to create a vacuum leak. It got better but not completely, still rough, more power but still not back to normal. OBDII scanner said Cyl No 2 Misfire. Did plugs, #2 was burnt (all of em were) but also had residue of some sort, either gas or oil on the tip. The others were burnt but dry. Also, the #2 plug wire was smoking from the connector when I pulled it and when I replaced the wires, it fell apart in my hands. But still feels like its missing. I was startin to like the little bastard and now its pissed me off again. My last tank, driven half a tank with this problem (including bad EGR pipe) got me 21 mpg. This car normally gets 28-32 depending on how hard I drive it.

Last edited:
That's the next thing I'm lookin at. Made the dealer perform the fuel pump recall for free since it had a couple similar symptoms. Didn't think it would fix it and it didn't. So, coil is next. If its not that, then I gotta start thinkin about injectors, valve problems etc and I'm not willing to go there...;)

Back