• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cal Rocs May 3rd and 4th 2008 - Marrysville

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
more information here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676376

and here:
http://calrocs.com/

Here are some shots from last year - same venue -
stp82103.jpg

stp82114.jpg

stp82118.jpg

stp82122.jpg

stp82128.jpg

stp82130.jpg

stp82132.jpg

Rumor has it that at least 1 XJ will be there...

stp82713.jpg

:laugh3:

I had a blast last year as a spectator.

also - if anyone has a Pink helmit - im looking for one for my spotter -

Pink Hat Matt -

stp81468.jpg

stp81474.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Cal Rocs May 2nd and 3rd 2008 - Marrysville

what day will you be competing? I'm going to try to make it up there for one day.

luvdaxj said:
what day will you be competing? I'm going to try to make it up there for one day.

both days! (unless i break really bad on saturday...) :conceited

Dates should be the 3rd and 4th. thought you should know, entering the competition and all.

I am going to do my best to head up there one of the days

XJensen said:
Dates should be the 3rd and 4th. thought you should know, entering the competition and all.

I am going to do my best to head up there one of the days

2nd is tech, 3rd and 4th are the event...

:anon:

thx

My crew -

Crewcheif:
The Sierra Chapter's own 'Phil' will likely MOB that saturn all the way out there...
stp81438.jpg

stp81242.jpg

Crew:
Ken Moitoza -
stopieken.jpg

stp82446smalltw3.jpg

and Max - the toyota guy... :gee:
l_9346edd3c1c8cc1e36edd566119d787e.jpg

img_3447.jpg

I spent Sunday getting my junk ready...

Changed the tranny mount - had to drop the Rigwerks Flat belly to do that -
stp82801.jpg

stp82805.jpg

got rid of the Z-gate shifter for the Novak (http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_sk2x.htm) unit -

maybe this is part of the reason it wasnt working :helpme:
stp82812.jpg

OEM linkage VS Novak linkage -
stp82817.jpg

NOVAK installed -
stp82822.jpg

Since doing my flat belly, I had the exhaust shop re-do my exhaust - well they put it too close to the rear driveshaft, and the last time I had the jeep out at Hollister the other weekend, the driveshaft was rubbing it pretty good... I didnt have the time this weekend to make a whole new cat back, so I just beat on it with a hammer till it wouldnt hit anymore... :twak:

before shot -
stp82813.jpg

my buddy Ken made me a bracket for some overflow bottles -
stp82826.jpg

replaced the windsheild washer bottle, and now the engine vent, tranny, t-case and front axle are all contained in case of a roll -
stp82827.jpg

all washed and ready to go!
stp82834.jpg

did some doughnuts and fawked around a bit... jeep was running good, loaded it on the trailer and said goodbye till Friday...

Changed the ATF in the t-case, and the passenger motor mount, dont have any pictures of that...

All I need to do before comp is grease my CTM's and I should be good to go...

Opie, when you heading out?
You going to be out for both days, and are you staying near there or comming from home? Got an empty seat for the drive out? I don't know if I can get away for the weekend, but I might ask the wife for a day.

Good luck

Letterman said:
Opie, when you heading out?
You going to be out for both days, and are you staying near there or comming from home? Got an empty seat for the drive out? I don't know if I can get away for the weekend, but I might ask the wife for a day.

Good luck

Im going to head up friday - tech starts at 6:00pm Friday night... Comp is Saturday and Sunday

My dad is leaving at sometime on friday, and has empty seats from Benicia up there...

PM me for more details.

Opie,

You might want to change the dates on the topic, Sat and Sun is the 3rd and 4th ;)

Good luck on competing. I will be up there on Sunday, cheering on Ugly, Rick, and Mello.

I went up yesterday(saturday) to cheer on Opie. First rockcrawling comp for me to witness and I had a blast. It was crazy! I got a few shots of Opie competing, I didn't know how long my camera battery was going to last so I saved it for his runs. Here are a few shots...

presidente spotting the V.P.
100_0720.jpg

100_0730.jpg

A lazy eye
100_0735.jpg

Dropping into the hole
100_0736.jpg

backing up to get the right angle on the cones, Opie say's and I quote "I think i'm just going to gun it"
100_0737.jpg

I really thought he had it
100_0738.jpg

but...
100_0739.jpg

100_0741.jpg

After clearing the oil out of the top of the cylinders he was back in action on the last course of the day.

100_0746.jpg

100_0747.jpg

100_0750.jpg

The End...

yeah i was there to see his roll, got the video on my phone but i cant get it onto my computer to post. JEEPME was there, but I swear i was the only spectator representing SC. didnt see anyone else in their SC shirts.

I was there, too. Great action! I didn't think my wife was gonna like it, now she wants to go to Donner Ski Ranch. Unfortunatly I missed Opie's flop, but I did see the big blue cloud around him when he got it back running again.

Back