• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DC4WD

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
Any of you guys know DC4WD?

None of this is confirmed as I have not been able to make contact with DC4WD myself.

According to Pirate4X4, DC4WD has closed up shop but he owes me a TW driveshaft. I have left messages and (resulting from advice on Pirate) I called Tom Woods and they can't do anything to help.

I understand he closed for personal reasons and I hope his problems arn't serious. DC is a stand up guy and I'm posting here so this will hopefully make it to him.

I ordered the RK kit from him about a month and a half ago. It took FOREVER to get it and he never answers the phone. I wasn't very pleased with his attitude when I talked to him. Seemed like he didn't have time for my questions. I would have gone somewhere different but I couldn't beat his price. Just blow up his answering machine until he calls back! That's what I had to do.

I do not personally know DC but he wheels with some of the same folks I wheel with. He has closed up shop for personal reasons, not business.

I really can't help you out much with the business end of it, thats between you and him.

I know that he is very respected around here for being a stand up guy, I'm surprised that there are issues.

lowrange2 said:
I ordered the RK kit from him about a month and a half ago. It took FOREVER to get it and he never answers the phone. I wasn't very pleased with his attitude when I talked to him. Seemed like he didn't have time for my questions. I would have gone somewhere different but I couldn't beat his price. Just blow up his answering machine until he calls back! That's what I had to do.

I agree, I ordered some USA axle shafts from him and took forever. I called three times and emailed three times, When he finally emailed me back he told me that when he hears from them he'll let me know. shouldn't take long to make a phone call and let me know then. When I finally got my axles they were for a F250, not F150. Don't know how you can make that mistake when you have an email that states F150 in front of you!
Poor customer service, Long shipping times, Great prices. You have to decide which is more important.
Hope everything works out for you.

What the hey!. I ordered RK longarms about a month ago, and they are not here yet. I tried to email and got a return to sender email. I tried calling and no answer!. I expected to have them on before my memorial day run. UGH!!

I have always had good luck with him, Just recieved a email quote last week on some end caps. Took less than 24 hours. Have not tried phone lately though. In my experience he beat most prices. Hope he is still in business.

People bitching about parts need to sit back and realize they're being drop shipped so DC would never see them to start with...

RK is slammed.. atleast that's what I was hearing lately..

Alloy USA is completely slammed also... and may have sent out the wrong parts..

The majority of parts on my XJ were from DC... yeah he was hard to get ahold of sometimes but never once did I have an issue he didnt resolve.

On top of that he had/has the best prices you'll find on any RE or JKS or RK product...

Hope he comes back around soon..... but personal issues take precedence over business in my book..

I knew that he didn't have anything to do with slow shipping. I didn't have as much of a problem with that. It was the fact that he had an attitude and didn't want to help me. I asked him the same questions 3 times in a row and he refused to answer me. He could have just said "I don't know."

uncc civilengineer said:
People bitching about parts need to sit back and realize they're being drop shipped so DC would never see them to start with...

RK is slammed.. atleast that's what I was hearing lately..

Alloy USA is completely slammed also... and may have sent out the wrong parts..

The majority of parts on my XJ were from DC... yeah he was hard to get ahold of sometimes but never once did I have an issue he didnt resolve.

On top of that he had/has the best prices you'll find on any RE or JKS or RK product...

Hope he comes back around soon..... but personal issues take precedence over business in my book..

RK must not be that backed up. I ordered some parts directly through them and got them within 3 days. Not to mention great customer service.

DC4WD is a great vendor. I've ordered multiple things from them in the past and have had absolutely ZERO complaints. My whole rear 44 was pretty much put together by parts ordered through them.

I will definitely do business with them in the future :)

Alloy USA was the "slow" shipping culprit. But on my invoice it said F250 and my email (I checked) said F150. I didn't realize they were different lengths so did not say anything until they got here and didn't fit. He acted like it was my fault! Gave me a solution to just cut off the extra length. Didn't really want to cut on $500 axle shafts, and didn't want to wait 2 months for him/Alloy to ship the right ones. He told me that it would't void warrenty (we'll see) if they broke so I did it.
He still has/had the best prices around period. I would've probably done bussiness with him again just wouldn't be in a hurry.
Sucks he had to close shop, don't wish hardship on anybody!

uncc civilengineer said:
Supposedly DC has closed up PERMANENTLY...

As for RK, what did you order... It took one of my buddies 3 weeks to get his LA Upgrade due to high demand...

Yup, high demand. almost 4 weeks...LA Uprgade...

Perhaps giving everbody a good deal led to dc4wd closing up shop just a thought.

uncc civilengineer said:
Supposedly DC has closed up PERMANENTLY...

As for RK, what did you order... It took one of my buddies 3 weeks to get his LA Upgrade due to high demand...

I just ordered a track bar and some shackles. I'm too cheap for long arms. I ordered on Friday and got it on Tuesday.

Back