• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A better reason to join up....Hollister April 12+13

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Saturday, April 12, is going to be the Sierra Chapter's next chapter run - a hopefully nice, warm spring run to Hollister.

Wouldn't it be nice to get your rig back out of the garage, or back onto dirt?

I didn't join NAXJA until I went on a couple runs. But, feel free to join up or renew and come on a run. Or join up when you get home and say "Boy, did I have fun today."

So,

Hollister Hills S.V.R.A.
Saturday, April 12.
Trails for all rigs, seats for riders as needed.
And there's camping!

Re: A better reason to join up....

Hollister Hills SVRA sounds like a lot of fun Phil, and I know the run is open to all, but how dose one join :NAXJA: or renew their :NAXJA: membership?

Thanks for posting up, hope to see you all there! :yelclap:

Letterman said:
Hollister Hills SVRA sounds like a lot of fun Phil, and I know the run is open to all, but how dose one join :NAXJA: or renew their :NAXJA: membership?

Thanks for posting up, hope to see you all there! :yelclap:
well Dave,

read up here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=23&a=47

then head over here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/payments.php

with your paypal address ready...

and BAM!

As for Hollister - Im hopeing to have the Sac State Mini Baja out there in addition to the jeep! (if it gets done... :banghead:)

Im lookin forward to haveing a reason to put a steering box back into my jeep and get my trailer un-stuck from the mud!

Last edited:

Opie told me he'd camp Saturday night...and if he denies it, I'll edit his post!

Liz and I will camp.

I will be there but I may be late!

I will try to be early, I will try to camp, but I still don't know. :eeks1:

Phil said:
Opie told me he'd camp Saturday night...and if he denies it, I'll edit his post!

with any luck, the rest of the Baja team will camp with us... :anon:

XJ_ranger said:
As for Hollister - Im hopeing to have the Sac State Mini Baja out there in addition to the jeep! (if it gets done... :banghead:)
Will it be able to get up tank trap? :shhh:

Starboard M said:
Will it be able to get up tank trap? :shhh:

sure - it has a fighting chance! as long as the mud aint too deep... and as long as there is no wheel spin required...

When is your spring break? coming back?

looking back through some pictures, Ive had some good times at Hollister Hills -
back when I was stock - HH was my first wheeling trip - July - 2004
dscf0129.jpg

dscf0057.jpg

I had a great time!

The nest time I went to HH was in November of '06 - as a passenger with Filthy Phil! -
img_6122.jpg

Doug was there - all army helmeted up!
img_6131.jpg

Kernel was there too!
img_6152.jpg

and Nickangus Mobbed that jeep!
img_6174.jpg

I went on last years April run to HH - probably the last trip with my XJ as a daily driver -

Yellow Mark scratched up his freshly powdercoated bumper -
stp80821.jpg

Captain Nemo still had his pretty jeep -
stp80837.jpg

I got flexy -
stp80850.jpg

Nickangus had a bead blowing, laying it on its side, mobbing good time!
stp80860.jpg

Captain Nemo's daughter had a blast - (at least it seemed that way to me :dunno:)
stp80853.jpg

Jeremy drove down from Sonoma with no doors, and made it up whiterock -
stp80886.jpg

(he loves da XJ) :jester:

Niki even made it out -
stp80881.jpg

oh yeah - Dave was there too...
stp80888.jpg

Sounds like I get the hall pass for the weekend. Think it'd be cool if I bring some buddies with a couple more non-xj rigs? Should be fun!

soxyfarmer said:
Sounds like I get the hall pass for the weekend. Think it'd be cool if I bring some buddies with a couple more non-xj rigs? Should be fun!

not a problem!

See you there!

Mini Baja will not be there! :doh:

Im taking the EIT that morning / afternoon / Evening - then heading down there leaving Sacramento at 5:00pm!!! :wow:

Plannin on camping saturday night
happy070%5B1%5D.gif
, waking up sunday morning for some good, fun wheeling :scottm: !

Who all is planning on heading down there to play in the park? Hasta

I'll be there!
hopefully I can find a trailer to bring the rollover heep down.
I'll be camping out.
also should have a guy with a stock wrangler coming for saturday.
see ya guys there!
I'm excited to meet more people.
oh and wheeling's kinda fun too...
:D

I'll be there with a couple buddies. One has a new rubicon he's dying to try out and another has a cj. I just checked the weather and it should be beautiful. Can't wait, and good luck on the EIT xj ranger!H

soxyfarmer said:
I'll be there with a couple buddies. One has a new rubicon he's dying to try out and another has a cj. I just checked the weather and it should be beautiful. Can't wait, and good luck on the EIT xj ranger!H

I've wanted to see your rig in person for quite some time.
don't mind the drooling when I get there....
ha ha

Jimbo_1321 said:
I've wanted to see your rig in person for quite some time.
don't mind the drooling when I get there....
ha ha

Sounds good, it'll be nice to put faces to some of these avatars and screen names.:yelclap: Can't go wrong with a little camping and wheeling and maybe some beer consumtion! Ahh life is good...

Tempting to go. Have a stock 94 on 30" tires and have only taken it out twice, both times at Hollister on the old 215/75 highway all-seasons that were on it before.

I only have a rear recovery point, no strap, and no extra parts. So it would be more of a trail ride than 4wheeling for me. Which is fine, its still fun to play around on the little stuff right now.

2.5" BB in the works, just need to find some time to install it all. Along with the stock TC skid and tank skid that I got from PNP.

Back