• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 MJ Sport 2.5 liter 2 wheel drive

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '88 MJ (Comanche) that was going to be my next project but after a year, all I've done is aquire some replacement parts and drove it a bit. I don't have the time to invest into it. I had my father-in-law pick it up for me on the coast (Eureka) in February of last year and I didn't realize it would need so much work through the pics I had seen on the internet otherwise I probably wouldn't of wasted my time knowing that I don't have a lot of free time. Drives great, looks like crap (front end). Bought a new radiator for it to drive it home from Eureka and that's about all I've done. The kid that it was bought from hit a tree while goofing off.

Good:
-Engine is strong, doesn't leak
-AX-4 (4 speed) is a little noisy but works really well
-new radiator (1 year old, but only 200 miles on it)
-newer tires all around (good tread)
-newer battery
-stops great
-newer bedliner

Bad:
-Exhaust leak from hell (muffler and part of exhaust will need to be replaced)
-Kid hit a tree (front is smashed, have some replacement parts including used hood, used passenger side front fender, whole new front header panel? with lights, grill, etc.)
-The most ghetto bondo job I've ever seen by the rear driver side fender

This MJ needs someone that has time for it. Drives great except has no power steering. Just put it on Non-op since I couldn't get it put together enough to get it smogged. Clean title. Dana 35 rear end with 4.10 gearing. I was going to swap in the 4 wheel drive since it's a pretty simple swap but like I said, have no time. Feel free to ask questions. Buyer responsible to get it home and to get it smogged. $500. Would make a great truck for someone willing to put some time into it. It comes with the more expensive, bigger parts to replace.

-Chris

birdjeepmax022.jpg

birdjeepmax025.jpg

birdjeepmax030.jpg

What's with the "tabs" at the rear of the bed liner? Please tell me the kid didn't have a wing on mounted on them....:puke:

Back