• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headliner and soundbar together atlast.

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have two threads with each as a single. Know I have finished the install of the sound bar. So they are together atlast. enjoy.
junkyard2-18-08006.jpg

junkyard2-18-08004.jpg

damn that looks good! i'm going to do the same thing, only in a different print. where did you get the material? did you cover them or did a shop do it for you? how much?

thebluebuffalo said:
damn that looks good! i'm going to do the same thing, only in a different print. where did you get the material? did you cover them or did a shop do it for you? how much?
Thank you. I got the fabric from Walmart. Yes I covered both the headliner and the sound bar my self. The sound bar I got from the bone yard with other stuff so not sure on what the sound bar is worth by its self but I got 4 yards of fabric for the headliner and 1 yard for the bar(had extra left,enought to do my second bar) make sure you get the fabric that is atleast 54" wide or it will not span the headliner width. 6.00 per yard so about 30.00 there. I only use the heavy duty 3M spray adhesive so that was about 17.00 a can (I get it from work so I get it cheaper but this is about walk in customer cost) with 4 cans total (had extra in last can). So about 70.00 in spray adhesive.
product 100.00 + my time doing it = priceless:jester:

2000xjclassic said:
It looks very nicely done. Are you going to put any more camo "accents " anywhere else in the cab?

Chris

I have a couple places in mind but we'll see where they end up

I always used the 3M brand adhesive as well, till i couldnt find it last summer when i did my headliner. Oddly enough, the place that used to carry it now carries Permatex brand adhesive... same size can... with the same part number as the 3M. I couldnt tell the difference between the two.

I used 1.5 cans to do my headliner. I seem to remember 12 a can.

magimerlin said:
Thank you. I got the fabric from Walmart. Yes I covered both the headliner and the sound bar my self. The sound bar I got from the bone yard with other stuff so not sure on what the sound bar is worth by its self but I got 4 yards of fabric for the headliner and 1 yard for the bar(had extra left,enought to do my second bar) make sure you get the fabric that is atleast 54" wide or it will not span the headliner width. 6.00 per yard so about 30.00 there. I only use the heavy duty 3M spray adhesive so that was about 17.00 a can (I get it from work so I get it cheaper but this is about walk in customer cost) with 4 cans total (had extra in last can). So about 70.00 in spray adhesive.
product 100.00 + my time doing it = priceless:jester:

my sound bar came in today. it has a small bracket with two small screws. i can't figure out how the bracket works. any suggestions?

I took this pic from another thread. Is this the bracket you are refurring to? If so in the purple circles is where the screws would attach the mount to the rear (factory is usually either spot welded on or rivited on)and in green you can see some of the structural adhesive(I use SEM#39337 and aplicater gun #70029)that holds it to the roof. Hope this helps
dsc04194-1.jpg

magimerlin said:
I took this pic from another thread. Is this the bracket you are refurring to? If so in the purple circles is where the screws would attach the mount to the rear (factory is usually either spot welded on or rivited on)and in green you can see some of the structural adhesive(I use SEM#39337 and aplicater gun #70029)that holds it to the roof. Hope this helps
dsc04194-1.jpg

hell yeah.... thanks.

No, the bracket goes in the center. The two long things hanging down clip to the dome light and support the center of the speaker bar.

My structural adhesive failed and I'm looking for a way to stick the bracket back up. I tried JB Weld and it held great for about 2 months, then fell back down. I'm tempted to drill holes in the bracket and the roof and use rivets.

Daedalus454 said:
My structural adhesive failed and I'm looking for a way to stick the bracket back up. I tried JB Weld and it held great for about 2 months, then fell back down. I'm tempted to drill holes in the bracket and the roof and use rivets.
Look at post #8(first pic of the bracket). I listed what I used. If you have a body shop near by they will have it or something similair. See if they will put some on there for ya. It will probably cost you, but probably be less then the price it is to buy the adhesive and special applicator gun I used.

kndrewa said:
so is it just one bracket ?
shouldnt there be one just like it on the other side?

of course there is.. ..right?

Nope just one in the center. The two studs go down through the light assembly in the middle and the push washers go on them to help hold the unit up.

Magimerlin, wheres the writeup you did for the sunvisors? I am about to start mine and cant find it... IIRC there was a good tip on opening them up without destroying them.

My soundbar is done..

camosoundbar004.jpg

I broke the clips on the original visor trying to open it up, once i figured it out it was too late. I picked up another at the upull and just laid the material down on it, did it outside in 95* temps and it the adhesive setup quicker than i could work it... so i ended up with a few wrinkles...i'll live with it. Hopefully the other (drivers side) comes out better.

Back