• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MyGig in an XJ?

urban yan

NAXJA Forum User
I'm an oem junkie, and lately I've been seeing a ton of MyGig units on ebay on-the-cheap; however,
ebay merchants state it will NOT fit any other vehicles, and that it CANNOT be adapted to any other
car.

I'm wondering if there's a go-around for this type of install in a 97+ XJ? I have friends that can custom
mold my dash for a seamless exterior install; I'm just curious about the connectivity.

It might use an odd voltage or something like that, but it could also just be the seller covering himself from any liability. I favor the latter being as most electrical components just need power and ground.

lol indeed. It's the latest premium headunit available in all chrysler products. It's also -IMO- one of the cleanest
looking oem headunits in the market today. I know that I can get an RB1 to work, but I rather retro a MyGig if
it's, at all, possible.
http://www.jeep.com/en/2008/wrangler/interior/infotainment/

mygig.jpg

Its also the best nav system I have ever used! We have a TomTom, Magellan, and a FineDrive in the other cars but the nav in the JK is easier to use and works to perfection. I like the Sirrus Sat feature as well.

I would love to have one in my XJ as well, if you get it figured out let us know!

you need ALL the pieces and you need to run some sensors from a newer CanBus ecu to make the gps nav work properly.

basically, buy a whole wrecked vehicle w/ the Mygig and start transplanting shit.

CheapXJ said:
basically, buy a whole wrecked vehicle w/ the Mygig and start transplanting shit.
hehe. you make it sound so easy

DanMan2k06 said:
Why not just get an AvicD3? Looks about the same unless there is some amazing feature I'm missing.
I thought about it, but I'm a bit of an oem junkie, and it would be nice to have the bragging rights of the first MyGig install in an XJ.

xjtrailrider said:
I would love to have one in my XJ as well, if you get it figured out let us know!
Apparently, there's a rumor floating around of a MyGig adapter in the works for 07 Chryslers running the older REC nav system, so the next question would be: can we get an REC to work in an XJ... because if we can retro an REC, than there's hope for a MyGig.

If you hear of something than post it here. Let's keep the ideas flowing. If I can't get MyGig to work than I'm going with an RB1 retro.

Last edited:
outlander said:
How about building a pod for it to mount ontop of the dash?
That's why they made Jeep Trail Guide Nav units (top mount).

I can squeeze a MyGig into my stock location, and I can have my dash molded to make things look stock. Mounting location is not my problem; it's the connectivity that has me puzzled.

i think the dimensions are tight but with some modification i think the depth, sides and top to bottom face measurments should be ok - if you can find a manual about the MyGig, you can start breaking down wires and really see how much you need to get it powered and or intergreated into the jeeps harnesses... i am just guessing but the sirius should tie into the FM antenna so u need that adapter, gps and nav cable, brain etc which u might be able to get seperate and then from there the harnesses for power and speakers... every company has there own type of NAV/Entertainment center but this looks less complicated than a porsche unit i reinstalled in a friends 911... good luck!

Back