• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me decide....

ckale1

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep as it sit's now... 33/10.5's with Canyons. Looking at putting black steelies on. What do you guy's think? Keep the Canyons?
Jeep9-1-07006.jpg

keep it the way it is.

Looks clean man, keep it that way... NC seems to be running low on clean xj's

Thanks for the input guy's. I like the Canyons, but there is something rugged looking about black wheels. I'm torn. The local guy's I wheel with say keep the Canyons. Have to make a decision by next sat before I make the trade.

Get the canyons painted/powdercoated what have you black?

Best of both worlds

I think that color would look really good with black rims but it looks great as it sits so I wouldn't go to steelies

Black steelies are over-used (Yes, their cheap) but canyons even go for a higher premium than steelies.. you can get 15x7's for $200 for all 4. Just keep the Can's... if not.. I'm sure you could sell them for enough to get a set and then some

Like Zac said, the black steelies do look good on XJ's, but you see way too many of them.

Keep the Canyons.

Personally, the best looking wheel on a XJ (or just about any Jeep for that matter) are the Moabs.....but thats just my opinion.

Are you keeping the BFG's or going with something else? Last time I saw it they still looked like they had plenty of life left in them....

Please don't take Canyons off to put Rockkrawlers on. The Canyons have so much more character. Like mentioned above, paint them black if you're so inclined.

I went from black steelies to XJ Turbines, and I'm glad I did. Keep your Canyons, they're unique on XJs. The steelies are great in the way that you can hammer out a dent on the trail vs cracking an aluminum rim, but I like the look of the alums better. Plus, the 15x7 holds my 10.5 LTBs better at low psi.

i like e'm it looks good, also weight wise its functional too... and yes black steelies are overused... my new rig is running and older set of mt classics and i'm really happy with the look and function

x? on keeping what you have, but painting them black.
a buddy painted his stock FJ rims black (just rocker gaurd, but looks ok) they certainly look different but also look good. Much more original then buying new rims that everyone else has (I'm guilty)

any chance you can post a pic from the front too. I am looking to get some 33x10.5 AT's for the road up here, and would appreciate seeing what they look like before I get them.

Keep what you have but paint them black. Get the ruggedness from the black and the uniqueness from having the Canyons.

Jeep9-1-07007.jpg
beakie said:
x? on keeping what you have, but painting them black.
a buddy painted his stock FJ rims black (just rocker gaurd, but looks ok) they certainly look different but also look good. Much more original then buying new rims that everyone else has (I'm guilty)

any chance you can post a pic from the front too. I am looking to get some 33x10.5 AT's for the road up here, and would appreciate seeing what they look like before I get them.

Back