• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

round headlights...

z_lindig

NAXJA Forum User
so i got this idea quite a while ago, but i've seen it employed since then... what if a guy were to make some round headlight buckets out of like 14 GA. that fit exactly in the place of the square headlight location? i had a buddy in SLC that had some laser-cut out of stainless, and they turned out really well for his non-highway rig, they weren't reinforced, so they were just flat and didn't have much strength. i really think that i could be onto something here. what do you guys think?

someone on here has a whole site dedicated to his round headlight upgrade. I think he went the route of swapping the whole cj grill. Was interesting, but looked like the jeep was about to piss itself. Hehe for some reason it just makes the xj look like a "deer in the headlight"...which is odd since the jeep is usually the thing pointing the headlights...

dig around the advance fab section, you'll find it. Cruzin Illusion...he's a nice guy, shoot him a pm and i'm sure he'll hook you up with some info.

100_5034.jpg

OK I'll bite cuz I buy into the rounder is better theory! :laugh:

I'm also partial to Woodies...so.....This is a 90 Waggy that use to have square headlights.....now has a 70's razor/zuk headlights and buckets. A bad gimp hack of the same setup on a Cherokee. Just wondered how it would look. I like the first pic of the black one you posted evil dead, nice! :greensmok

main.php

main.php

BTW mcraindog that rig is schweeeeeeet, yours? Running Dana 60's or ?

mcraindog said:
round headlights...
xj2.jpg

lowrange2 said:
Wow! That is almost the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

For real.

Round headlight Jeeps are for girls and little boys.

Just kidding. I wouldn't do it to mine but it looks alright.

Back