• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard finds

RockTracXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up the knuckles off a '97, mine had some brake pad gouging issues:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=911655

Also grabbed the side view mirrors from the '97, didn't I read that they could be put on earlier model year XJs?

For anyone interested there is a Chrysler 8.25 under that '97. It's at A1.

It surprises me how fast XJ parts go. That XJ was waiting to be put out in the yard on Saturday when I was there, I get back this morning and the engine/trans/tc and front axle shafts are all gone already. Made pulling the knuckles easier, though!

What condition were the drivers side front and rear doors in?

GottaBeJeep said:
What condition were the drivers side front and rear doors in?

Not good, it had been in a driver's side front impact crash. The front door was junk, I can't remember the condition of the rear door, though. I know it was trashed, but can't remember how good it was.

pabloconrad said:
Have you ever seen time-lapse videos on Animal Planet where a corpse in the desert is shown to disappear in days?

That's actually an XJ in a junkyard. They just say it's maggots

Sounds about right!

Driver's side leather seat in GOOD condition at Pull-N-Save. I feel like a bandit! They had a number of the older XJs today, one '96 that had been rolled.

FWIW: they had a '95 ZJ with rear disc brakes, kinda picked over, but may be something of interest.

Back