• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's still going? 14,15,16 JUL Swamp Alternative

I am going. I am leaving fresno at 2 friday afternoon. I plan on heading straight into Redlake unless someone needs me to lead them. I think we should set up camp before Red if possible to avoid rampit mosquitoes. Or even camp at sandy flats area. Where do we want to camp? We could head all the way into coyote and stay the whole time there if its a decent group. If its Gary, Chuck, and I... we could make coyote no prob.

What say you?

I am up for whatever is open, if Swamp is not an option, which it doesnt seem to be at this point, I vote for camping out at Coyote. I have Fri. off from work, so I gotta take full advantage of what I have. I'll be heading up Thurs. night and head in on Fri. morning. A pot luck sounds like a plan. I can take up makings for burritos, just RSVP so I know how much to take.

I am bringing chips and salsa. Corey, why dont we all stop in at red till we have a few people. Then head in to coyote for friday night. Then we could wait for the rest saturday.

chuck and the gang, i have two friends that will be coming, Dan with his YJ and Will with his xj. both are terrific guys and good wheeler's. they will be up early fri evening. if you change your mind at meeting at Red lake please call . Will # 661-301-1980

P.S. i'm leaving for Mammoth on Sunday for family vacation...have fun.

I plan on making it there earlly evening time. Is there a place to camp with the truck and trailer and use as a base camp? I have only done swamp and bald mountain would like to hit the other trails.

Gary, the best you could probably get is whats called SandyFlats. Usually its passable, but with the reports i have gotten about the area... could be REALLY rough. The sandy flats is where all these trails spread out from. Red lake is not terribly far from here, about 4 miles. Coyote is past that on the same route. Mirror lake, strawberry break off from Sandy Flats.

Base camping these could be really really tough, if everyone else aggreed to camp below the lakes it could be done.

Red lake is where we will be. Then saturday I am kinda wanting to run into coyote for the day. Yall could camp there (really nice) or head back to red. Then sunday hit Mirror lake in the morning. Short nasty little trail. Always fun times. Takes only a few hours. Great sunday trail.

Well could we base camp at the Dinkey Creek Campground or the Sandy Flats? Scrappy I know you mentioned the road to the Sandy Flats is in question, but if Corey is going to be there Thursday night, we can just make Sandy Flats our base camp.

I have never camped there before, is there any water around, all I know is that the sand looked a lot more comfortable for the tents. :D

WHEEL'er-DLR said:
chuck and the gang, i have two friends that will be coming, Dan with his YJ and Will with his xj. both are terrific guys and good wheeler's. they will be up early fri evening. if you change your mind at meeting at Red lake please call . Will # 661-301-1980

P.S. i'm leaving for Mammoth on Sunday for family vacation...have fun.

I'll call them tonight, I hope we can figure this all out on such short notice.

Here is my cell just incase: 559-696-7656

As far as the Potluck, just bring something to share, I have a ton of MRE's! :D

I'm thinking about picking up a tri-tip or two.

Ok, so let me get this straight before we head out tonight so we can find each other. Personally I would rather head into Coyote for the weekend, or at least to Red and be able to relax. Where is base camp going to be sine we are having a pot-luck. Chuck there is small creek that could supply water just down the trail for Red, I think that will be the closest. I picked up stuff for burritos yesterday, I probably have enough to feed 10-15. Is anyone else execpt for those of us that posted up going (ie. anyone from SoCal or ???)

Also my cell is (559)905-3350, and which CB channel are we going to be operating off of?

Xtrm Jeepr said:
Ok, so let me get this straight before we head out tonight so we can find each other. Personally I would rather head into Coyote for the weekend, or at least to Red and be able to relax. Where is base camp going to be sine we are having a pot-luck. Chuck there is small creek that could supply water just down the trail for Red, I think that will be the closest. I picked up stuff for burritos yesterday, I probably have enough to feed 10-15. Is anyone else execpt for those of us that posted up going (ie. anyone from SoCal or ???)

Also my cell is (559)905-3350, and which CB channel are we going to be operating off of?

Channel 3 for both CB and FM if you have one.

I just talked to Scrappy, I sounds like Red Lake would be the best for a base camp, I was thinking of Gary and his trailer. So just go to Red like you guys planned and we will meet you there Friday around 6, since we are meeting in Prather at 3 on Friday.

Back