• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In the market for a new bow.

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Well my ol' Browning Backdraft bit the dust today. Thought I'd shoot some in the backyard. Pulled it back and a limb decided to de-laminate. Big snap. That is offically the closest I have ever came to actually shitting my pants. So......I'm in the market for something different. Can't afford to spend $5, 6 -700 on a bow. I just want a good allround bow. Mainly for whitetail and target shooting. Looked at a Reflex Highlander at the local shop this afternoon, for $350. Hoyt Lazertec was $425. Is that about average? I like them both.
What do you guys have and what do you like/not like about them. Just looking for a bow, I just bought new sights and rest last year. Any other advise on bow shopping?

Looks like the Soft 8's are gonna have to wait.:D

Haleyes said:
:puke:

Stop playing around with Bows and arrows...

set up to the midevil big leagues:
parker-terminator-crossbow-750.jpg

XJ_ranger said:
:puke:

Stop playing around with Bows and arrows...

set up to the midevil big leagues:

I'd like to hunt legally. Crossbow isn't legal in IL unless you are legally disabled, and I'm not quite there yet.:D
I haven't ever shot a cossbow, but I've heard they are a blast to play with.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Go retro like I did.

Recurve!!!!!!!!!

Cheaper, easier to maintain,and IMO more fun to shoot!!!

Highlander said:
Go retro like I did.

Recurve!!!!!!!!!

Cheaper, easier to maintain,and IMO more fun to shoot!!!
When I seen you had replied, I thought for sure you'd say go with the Highlander!

ive got an old pse that ive always used, i like it and ive looked at the newer pse's but i think there a bit heavy. ive always like the hoyt's my dad has one of the newer style with the bridged middle and its like night and day compared the other ones. its soooo light and the cams on it let u hold it all day

Haleyes said:
Well my ol' Browning Backdraft bit the dust today. Thought I'd shoot some in the backyard. Pulled it back and a limb decided to de-laminate. Big snap. That is offically the closest I have ever came to actually shitting my pants. So......I'm in the market for something different. Can't afford to spend $5, 6 -700 on a bow. I just want a good allround bow. Mainly for whitetail and target shooting. Looked at a Reflex Highlander at the local shop this afternoon, for $350. Hoyt Lazertec was $425. Is that about average? I like them both.
What do you guys have and what do you like/not like about them. Just looking for a bow, I just bought new sights and rest last year. Any other advise on bow shopping?

Frickin' pulley puller! Go long bow or go home. Save your jack and have a custom long bow made. Helluva lot more fun to shoot, and takes a bit more skill to shoot/hunt.

You can't go wrong with a Matthews. A used LX, Outback, or Switchback (the last three years worth of hunting bows from Matthews) would all serve you well, and can be had used for about $300-400.

I shoot an LX and love it.

Back