• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Klune V users, take a look

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of trying to install one and we cannot get this thing to mount up. The splines on the 23spline AW4 are causing the klune to bottom out and a gap of 9/16" is left between the 2 mounting surfaces.

Did you guys have to machine the input of the klune down? Install a spacer? Or did it just go on?

You need a 1" spacer, just like AA uses for Atlas AW-4/AX15 use. I have one left over from my Atlas install if you need it, as the NV4500 uses a flush output shaft. I assume you have about 5/8" of stick-out on your AW-4?

I lucked out and had the short output on a 89 AW4 21 spline, upgraded the t-case to 23 spline through the klune. Otherwise a spacer would be needed, also make sure you have a little space between the klune shaft and the base of the t-case input if it's bottomed out it could cause the klune output to break under "abuse". Also be sure you have grade 8 studs. Sometimes grade 5's are used and they will strech and cause leakage.

Back