• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What other master cylinders will fit...

Sean, I used one from a 95 dodge 2500/3500 pickup. Bolts right up with the exception of having to make a 5/8" spacer to go down in the plunger hole (where the pedal push rod comes out of the booster, and into the MC)
***Note*** this will only fit on the later model dual diaphragm boosters.

Everything else is a direct bolt up...brake lines and all. The resevoir will sit a little higher, and will rub the insulation on the bottom of the hood. At least it did on my 96.

I put 1/2 ton chebby/waggy calipers on all four corners of mine, and needed a bigger MC. This one did the trick nicely.

Hope that Helps!

-Dan

I used that one as well, tahnkfully I knew someone that could machine me a spud to make up the space for the pushrod. Thats the only tricky part, and you will need the 3/4 ton res. in order to fit under the hood. My stock one from the one ton was way too tall.
j

Dan Turner said:
Sean, I used one from a 95 dodge 2500/3500 pickup. Bolts right up with the exception of having to make a 5/8" spacer to go down in the plunger hole (where the pedal push rod comes out of the booster, and into the MC)
***Note*** this will only fit on the later model dual diaphragm boosters.

Everything else is a direct bolt up...brake lines and all. The resevoir will sit a little higher, and will rub the insulation on the bottom of the hood. At least it did on my 96.

I put 1/2 ton chebby/waggy calipers on all four corners of mine, and needed a bigger MC. This one did the trick nicely.

Hope that Helps!

-Dan

This spacer that you speak of......what's the overall length of it? You say 5/8"....are you talking about overall length or is that diameter of the spacer? I looked into the resevoirs and they appear to be the same ones for 1 ton and 3/4 ton...am I wrong? Where are you all finding the resevoirs at? I can't find a new one and I really don't feel like dumpster diving at the moment.

53guy said:
This spacer that you speak of......what's the overall length of it? You say 5/8"....are you talking about overall length or is that diameter of the spacer? I looked into the resevoirs and they appear to be the same ones for 1 ton and 3/4 ton...am I wrong? Where are you all finding the resevoirs at? I can't find a new one and I really don't feel like dumpster diving at the moment.
Didn't cross my mind til i read this post, but it is in fact a 5/8" length spacer to go down into the master cylinder?

Ford E-350 van. Need to get adapter from Autozone or equiv. Take the MC in there with a cut off XJ brake line end from the MC side, I think it's the one closest to the firewall(cut one off at the junk yard when your there for the van MC.). You will see that one will just bolt right up from the XJ, the other one is a little bigger, and will need an adapter. Cost was about $50 bucks total for the MC and the adapter. The whole project is bolt in.

xjaddiction said:
Ford E-350 van. Need to get adapter from Autozone or equiv. Take the MC in there with a cut off XJ brake line end from the MC side, I think it's the one closest to the firewall(cut one off at the junk yard when your there for the van MC.). You will see that one will just bolt right up from the XJ, the other one is a little bigger, and will need an adapter. Cost was about $50 bucks total for the MC and the adapter. The whole project is bolt in.

On what year though. That's the getter. I bet you have an older xj.

53guy did you wind up using the dodge master cylinder? If so, how'd it work out?

Did'nt know you could improve the dual diaphragm. I used a big bronco master before upgrading my booster. Helped very little. I had done rear disc and could'nt get any psi to rear and had horrible brakes till booster upgrade. Maybe I'll try bigger wheel cyl on my mj. Someone said on here that they used AMC Eagle cylinders.

That was on an 88 MJ

Ramsey said:
53guy did you wind up using the dodge master cylinder? If so, how'd it work out?

Yup, it worked out great. Dual piston front calipers, 1/2 ton chevy rears, ZJ prop valve, dual diaphram booster, 99xj, dodge 1500 MC, Kung Fu stopping power! I can hold my Jeep pretty much in any situation now, 4L and flooring it, it doesn't slip. The pedal is a bit low, but that's fine for me.

My axles have dual pistons all around, at least I think the Superduty sterling is, I'll know in a week or so once I get my junk running how it'll work.

Back