• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soft brake line replacement? (longer)

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my rear soft brake lines, I've searched the forums but I've not really come up with anything. I currently have 2 and 3/4" of lift on the jeep right now, it's a '94 xj. The brake line on the passenger side is rubbing on the muffler so I want to replace that ASAP. But I'm not sure what to replace it with? I saw somewhere that the same year - range YJ's have longer soft lines and are interchangeable or will I have to get it somewhere else? Let me know. thanks.

1995 YJ front and rear brakes lines are 3-4 inches longer than XJ brakes lines.

Wrangler front, BH38861 & BH38862 (front lines are right & left mirror images) - 20 3/4" long

Wrangler rear, BH38845 - 17 5/16" long

(these are Raybestos part numbers for a 89-91 Wrangler, with no ABS)

XJ front
BH38894 - 18 1/4" long, right front, BH38895 - 18 1/4" long, left front

XJ rear
BH380038 - 13 3/8" long

With lift heights less than 3 inches you can gain some extra front brake line slack by modifying the lower bracket holding the hard brakeline tubing.
Straighten out the tubing and reattach the bracket lower down lower with two new holes (leave slack at the grommet at the fender opening.)

Back