• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for serpentine belt diagram

drinaldis

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a diagram that shows the sepentine belt path through the various pulleys. I have a pulley that moves axially and I don't know what it's connected to (water pump, idler, etc.). It's the one near the top center (pulley with no lips, touches the back side of the belt). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David

Hope this helps:

BeltPath.jpg

Year model, engine, with/without AC all have a bearing on what diagram your Cherokee uses. You may also find a diagram on your fan shroud.

All I got to say about the whole serpentine belt thing is sure is NOT intuitive, thank god I have a FSM for our TJ's too or I would have had my butt kicked trying to figure out the routing after doing the water pump... my first 4 attempts were not even close, book cleared it right up...

I had the same issue after replacing the fan clutch. There were several diagrams in my repair manuals, but I had trouble figuring out which one was for my XJ. I searched the board, started a new thread, waited for responses. Then I noticed I had a diagram on the fan shroud. Then I felt very silly.

Drivebelt.jpg
i have a 96 4 cylinder w/ power steering, ac, and 2 idler pullies. one under the power steering pump and one south east of the a/c. my book doesn't have a diagram, can anyone help? is very similar to the one pictured here, on the 6cyl w/ ac, but my fan is on the water pump and there is a smooth pully below # 3....i'm lost on this one

61scout80 said:
i have a 96 4 cylinder w/ power steering, ac, and 2 idler pullies. one under the power steering pump and one south east of the a/c. my book doesn't have a diagram, can anyone help? is very similar to the one pictured here, on the 6cyl w/ ac, but my fan is on the water pump and there is a smooth pully below # 3....i'm lost on this one

Here ya go, this should be it:

belt25L.jpg

Back