• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto Meter Dual Gauge Pod

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I picked up one of these a while back. Didn't really like the "bolt on" look of it. So I had is glassed in. Just got it back from my fiberglass guy today. He does it in his spare time, so it took a while. But I was well worth the wait. I still have to decide on a second gauge. But I have a Auto Meter Cobalt trans temp gauge right now. Originally only planned on that. But since I figured I was going to go to the trouble of having thre pod glassed in; I might as well do the dual setup, should I want to add something else later.

P3200001_1.jpg

P3200002.jpg

P3200001_2.jpg

6149_d.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
I picked up one of these a while back. Didn't really like the "bolt on" look of it. So I had is glassed in. Just got it back from my fiberglass guy today. He does it in his spare time, so it took a while. But I was well worth the wait. I still have to decide on a second gauge. But I have a Auto Meter Cobalt trans temp gauge right now. Originally only planned on that. But since I figured I was going to go to the trouble of having thre pod glassed in; I might as well do the dual setup, should I want to add something else later.

Very nice!! I might have to try something like that myself, it looks a lot better than the pods themselves.

Thats pretty slick!
I likey.

Post up picks when your finished!

I've got the same guage pod, but not glassed. If I knew how to glass I would do it myself, but I don't want to spend the money to have someone else glass it for me. Anyway, I've got two Blitz guages in mine. I got them for free, one press and one temp. They aren't hooked up to anything, I just needed something to fill the space until I got real guages.

You should get a air/fuel ratio guage, it just plugs into your oxygen sensor. It will let you know how your engine is running, and also if you have a problem!

jeepboy381 said:
You should get a air/fuel ratio guage, it just plugs into your oxygen sensor. It will let you know how your engine is running, and also if you have a problem!
About how much would it cost for this air/fuel gauge and do you need a special oxygen sensor or will any one do?

You're supposed to get a wide-band Lambda sensor. I believe this is not the type employed by our Jeeps, but do a search - this thread has been around 1,000,000,000,000,000 times before........

Is it just me, or do those gauges look like they'd be awfully close to your face while driving and would be a bit distracting while driving. Anyone else notice that?

53guy said:
Is it just me, or do those gauges look like they'd be awfully close to your face while driving and would be a bit distracting while driving. Anyone else notice that?

Actually I find them to be quite comfortable. Im 6'2" and in no way does it suit me as uncomfortable or close to my face. His gauges are slightly closer but only by maybe an inch due to the mounting option I had to use.-- unless of course you drive hunched over the steering wheel :D

Hey DJ, nice! I actually just ordered the dual guage pod yesterday, I had a GC to a 4x4 shop in FC, so I figured wth. Im doing the Trans Temp and the AF guage, I only have the Trans temp as of right now, but will be getting the AF soon.

How much did your guy charge you to fiberglass it on? I didnt realize they bolted on...:puke:

hjeepxj said:
Hey DJ, nice! I actually just ordered the dual guage pod yesterday, I had a GC to a 4x4 shop in FC, so I figured wth. Im doing the Trans Temp and the AF guage, I only have the Trans temp as of right now, but will be getting the AF soon.

How much did your guy charge you to fiberglass it on? I didnt realize they bolted on...:puke:

yeah, its just the screw that holds the trim piece on. It ran about $95 to get done. Which I don't consider bad at all if you knew the kind of work that goes into this sort of thing. The price goes up from there if you want fancy paint and such. I just used Mopar touch up paint, which I provided..............:thumbup:

91 Jeep Project said:
yeah, its just the screw that holds the trim piece on. It ran about $95 to get done. Which I don't consider bad at all if you knew the kind of work that goes into this sort of thing. The price goes up from there if you want fancy paint and such. I just used Mopar touch up paint, which I provided..............:thumbup:

No, thats not really a bad price, I just dont have teh $ right now.

You're right about teh tackyness of the screws though.

Im thinking some high quality plastic glue??? I know it will have the seam, but it wont have the screws...

you could always teach youself how to glass stuff. that project would be super easy too. cut the holes for the wires, epoxy the gauge pod on, glass the surrounding area until smooth and flat, sand entire thing and paint. not too hard really.

91 Jeep Project said:
It's a bit more involved then that...............;)

LOL.

Then after your done with that, simply engineer the rocket to go to mars. Its really not all that hard if you know how to read instructions...

Talyn said:
Looks good. I'm planning on doing this eventually. dothedew24_7, do you have any more pics of your interior? It looks intresting.

-Chris

Sure do-

*note- it's no longer like this though due to the fact that it was waaay overkill since I actually wheel it

DSC00402.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00389.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

DSC00404.JPG

Back