• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noobfest 2006---March 5th

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Recap....

WHAT: Wheeling 101. A fun filled day of mild to moderate wheeling, with plenty of back-up in case of technical Charlie Foxtrots or getting stuck. BBQ after the event in North Tacoma at my house. Anyone is welcome, even if they havn't been wheeling.

WHO: XJ'ers without a lot of 4x4 experience, or vehicles without a lot of mods. And anyone else who wants to have a good time and meet some cool folks.

WHEN: Sunday, March 5th, 2006. As it stands now, the plan is to meet at Jimmy D's for breakfast at 0800, and to hit the trails after that. We will likely be leaving early in the afternoon...I'm thinking around 1400 hrs, if not earlier. Then off to casa de Matt for debriefing.

WHERE: Tahuya State Forest ORV park (http://www.dnr.wa.gov/htdocs/lm/rec...huya/index.html) Just outside of Belfair Washington.

WHY: 'Cause it'll be fun.

HOW: Take I-5 to Tacoma. Follow signs to Hwy 16 to Bremerton. Once you see Aircraft Carriers and other grey monoliths (you will now be in Bremerton), take Hwy 3 to Belfair. Locate a restraunt called Jimmy D's, which is apparently "right off of hiway 3 going down the hill into belfair," and join us for breakfast at 0800 hrs. We will leave around 0900, and be on the trails no later than 0930. For those losers who don't want breakfast, meet us there no later than 0900.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list of attendees has been growing and shrinking, as I'm sure it will up until the minute we hit the trails. So far it's looking like this:

Me, IXNAYXJ and an old friend who just lifted his Grand Vitara...we'll see!

pdxjnoob (who is crashing at my place the night before)

norcal420 (confirmed)

XJjeepLess (confirmed)

xjoe (as sage guide and council)

ECKSJAY (confirmed)

Sniggs (confirmed)

Swifty088 (confirmed)

emtpiston (confirmed)

GI-John (maybe)

Avonteone (tentatively maybe)

Dvipercop (bailed)

jpars (bailed?)

Jmotorsport (has to work, surprise, surprise)

red91inwa (I'm NOT seeing red!)

Who'd I miss? Who has questions? Who is tired of me asking questions?

-----Matt-----

chances are myself and some friends will probably stay into the evening so if anyone gets there late or just wants to stay later we'll be there.

For those of us coming from the north/east side, we are meeting at the Federal Way Costco off I-5, at 7:00AM. Be there a little earlier just in case. You will see a red, black, and green XJ's awaiting. We will then convoy to Belfair for breakfast.

Just a recap on directions from tacoma take hiway 16 westbound till you come in to gorst(as you come down the hill you will see the the water to your right get into your far left lane and take next exit(off ramp) go to stop light follow turn right that will be hiway 3 southbound follow approx 5 miles you will go down a hill in to belfair( you will know by the RR Trussell with belfair on it) as you go down the hill look for McDonalds on the left and Jimmy D's is just past them on the right hand side if you go to Safeway you went to far, Sorry Ixnayxj, did not want anyone to have to go into bremerton to find out they had to go all the way back, shoot me a message if any questons, thanks John

Last edited:
And if the Mods don't mind, I will bump this thread from here on (this week) to keep it near the top (no need for a sticky). As previously stated, Cell phone numbers will be posted, near the end of the week, if anyone gets delayed or needs to call.

This is going to be fun! :)

Mark

Sniggs said:
And if the Mods don't mind, I will bump this thread from here on (this week) to keep it near the top (no need for a sticky). As previously stated, Cell phone numbers will be posted, near the end of the week, if anyone gets delayed or needs to call.

This is going to be fun! :)

Mark

STUCK!

I havent bailed officially- im coming from PDX and would need to be back late sunday night. Have school and work on monday.

Im just wondering how realistic it would be for me to drive back the same night (the 5th is a sunday.....correct)?

long drives not a problem- a few sobe adrenalines i can do 3 hours home easy. im just wondering what time we would be done wheeling?

IXNAYXJ said:
will likely be leaving early in the afternoon...I'm thinking around 1400 hrs, if not earlier

That's like... what 2 pm? That seems hella early to me, but that would get you back to pdx in plenty of time.

And IXNAYXJ says it only takes 2 hours to get from PDX to Tacoma.

pdxxjnoob said:
That's like... what 2 pm? That seems hella early to me, but that would get you back to pdx in plenty of time.

9:30 to 2pm is a long time at this place. ;) We usually go 9-12 and get beers/lunch in town afterward. :)

XJjeepLess said:
For those of us coming from the north/east side, we are meeting at the Federal Way Costco off I-5, at 7:00AM. Be there a little earlier just in case. You will see a red, black, and green XJ's awaiting. We will then convoy to Belfair for breakfast.

More info (e.g. directions) on this please... is it the Federal Way exit, or is that a neighborhood? I'm cruising I5 south, so it sounds easy but....

TiA,

DR

norcal420 said:
More info (e.g. directions) on this please... is it the Federal Way exit, or is that a neighborhood? I'm cruising I5 south, so it sounds easy but....

TiA,

DR

Highway 18 exit, which is South of the 320th/SeaTac Mall exit...you'll go WEST off of there. Turn right off the exit to head West, first intersection you come to you'll go left (South). Costco/GI Joe's/Home Depot will be on your left. Go East on 18 and it'll take you to Auburn and away from us.

I'm thinking of showing up. My son might be interested in coming along too. We will try and confirm Fri. or Sat. Don't know if you are aware but the trailhead across from the staging area at Elfendahl Pass is open again. It was closed for quite a while due to logging.
Steve

pdxxjnoob said:

in that case i think you can most likely count me in.
me and a friend will come up in my xj the day of, and drive home that night.

i dont have tow points front or rear. issue?

jpars said:
i dont have tow points front or rear. issue?

While you SHOULD have them and I'd discourage you from any other run, I'd say you're fine with this one...PROVIDED you understand that any real obstacles you can clear with your body due to lift height should be AVOIDED. I, for one, am not going to be hooking up to anyone's axle tubes or leaf shackles to pull them out. ;) Plan accordingly!

Recap:

1) Me, IXNAYXJ

2) pdxjnoob (who is crashing at my place the night before)

3) norcal420 (confirmed)

4) XJjeepLess (confirmed)

5) xjoe (as sage guide and council)

6) ECKSJAY (confirmed)

7) Sniggs (confirmed)

8) Swifty088 (confirmed)

9) emtpiston (confirmed)

10) GI-John (confirmed)

11) jpars (confirmed)

12) fzabolla (confirmed)

13) bass2323 (confirmed)

14) Avonteone (John, you've got to come...w/out you we're 13!)

Make any corrections as you all see fit.

-----Matt-----

i am confirmed but it may not be right at 9am. my girl wants to go and she's bringing her sister so...... we may be delayed. i can either catch up with everyone or grab someones cell number and give a hollar to find out where the group is.

Back