• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road trip

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
I am glad to be back in Colorado. I left here at 6 a.m. Friday and arrived in Reno at 11:30 p.m. Left for San Jose the next morning and it took forever b/c of a pretty good storm on Donner Pass. Once I got down from there it was a monsoon. Too nasty to test ride the bike. I felt like a whale going off sound...and looks. Bike was super clean and the guy is even more meticulous/anal about details than me. In the box of stuff I found a binder that details the who what where when of each ride. Another documents all repairs/dates...even lubing the chain. So...even though I didn't ride it...I felt ver confident about things. I decided to take the southern route home b/c I was scared someone would run into the bike in the snow. It was my first trip to Southern Cal. Very purdy but I can do without the crowds. No pics of the trip b/c I only 3 days to get it done (2700 miles). Here's a pic of me getting ready to head for home.

kd7bxy.jpg

When I got there the guy had some stuff done to the bike that wasn't in the photos. New Scott Summers fork seal gaurds, new oversized pegs, a nice aluminum fork brace, and axle sliders. I also got a silly amount of new parts and several boxes of extra plastics. I was a little bummed to wake up this morning to snow. I want to go ride. On with the show.

kd7c7t.jpg

kd7ho5.jpg

kd7i20.jpg

kd7ic8.jpg

kd7ip3.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

So now you are officially SuperMo-Tarded? Congratulations. Nice looking XJ too.

Honestly, I think until I can actually take her on the maiden voyage...I'm still just RE-tarded.:laugh3:

I think it was about Flagstaff that I was wishing it was you or Dan that was transporting it.

Well, it would have been easy for us to tag-team it. But noooo, somebody wanted their bike right now!

Impulsive I am.

Back