• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Won't Start

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
Ok, My jeep won't start unless I step on the throttle. If I don't keep my foot on the the throttle it dies. I just replaces the IAC and the fuel pump is 6 months old. No Code is being thrown. What else could it be?

Do you still have the one from Bisquick or a new one?

if it starts and stalls, check battery cable connections are clean, have battery load tested. Dc calls it star and stall, computer not getting full voltage.

how do i check those? when i first put in the new iac, it ran, but once i turned it off and tried to restart it, it wouldn't run again without throttle

Throttle position sensor or large vacuum leak.

ok, this morning i went to go start the jeep and it wouldn't start again or idle without throttle. I am so confused!

Ever get this solved for the second time? If not try some emissions related stuff like 02 sensors or MAF....i doubt they are the problem, but a cheap fix considering its not the TPS which is what i was going to throw my vote at. There is also a harness i read about right on top of the manifold towards the firewall that i heard goes bad easily on jeeps. Check that out. Good luck.

sidriptide said:
i think you picked up a rare Vt forest Gremlin when you guys ran thru "The Elephant" trail on labor day. its something about that trail that eats XJs.

that trail is going to be the death of me....

I didn't have time to work on it so i took it to my buddy who is a mechanic. I talked to him today and his response was "you broke it good!" He said he seemed to have it fixed but I didn't get details. I am getting it back tomorrow so I will let you know.

Spoke to my mechanic today and he couldn't get it to start again this morning. The problem is that once you get it to run, it will idle and restart fine. It seems to be when its cold or intermitantly that it won't idle.

lobsterdmb said:
Spoke to my mechanic today and he couldn't get it to start again this morning. The problem is that once you get it to run, it will idle and restart fine. It seems to be when its cold or intermitantly that it won't idle.
The tem. sensor for the engine then?

the temp sensor was one of the things he changed and it didnt fix it. He smoked the engine and found no vaccumm leaks.... The IAC is working but something is telling it to unwind and close all the way when trying to start the jeep after it is cold.

Back