• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front and rear shock length

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have some new shocks I never put in anything and wondering if anybody knew the correct length, compressed and extended, for the shocks for a 5" lift.

Flex your rig, measure length from where the eyes of the shocks are gonna be. Measure both Compressed and drooped like this. Thats the best way. I install my lift[5" DPG/R.E. on Monday but I needed to have everything ready to go went I start. So I orded Bilstein 5150's 12" Travel[15Compressed 27 extended i think] 255/70 valving. I was orginal gonna go 10" travel but Dirk talked me into 12. Doesnt hurt to have more. Just gotta make sure that I bumpstop accordingly so the shocks dont bottom out. Plus I dont think it is good to have your shock double as a limiting strap. :)

Like he said above. Flex your rig, measure from eye to eye compressed and extended and take these measurements to the shock dealer. Using your shocks as a 'limiting strap' doesn't hurt them. But don't let them compress all the way in, make sure you adjust your bumpstops.

Back