• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Trade-in program

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here's the deal, I have an XJ 44 housing sitting in my backyard.

I have some spare time on my hands now that the Jeep is up and running OK.

I know some of you have D-44's that need building. Here's what I'm thinking:

You order all your gear/locker/brake goodies and have them sent to me. I build your 44 for you for $150 ($175 for ARB), and you make one trip to my house to pick up your new axle and drop off your old 44 housing. You get a nice axle built for cheap, and I don't have to crawl around under a rig setting up gears on the weekend.

Now, what I really need is a non-disco front housing to use for the same kind of deal. If someone has one, I'd be interested in purchasing it.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Now, what I really need is a non-disco front housing to use for the same kind of deal. If someone has one, I'd be interested in purchasing it.

CRASH

I have one and it's sitting in your backyard.

Jes said:
I have one and it's sitting in your backyard.

I thought that one was sold? It is already set-up, so that could be our first candidate for trade. 4.56, OX, extra shafts........

CRASH

the mj crowd is going to fawk up your system. :D

sounds like a great idea though.

Andy thank you.

Everything is already pulled and cleaned up. The parts have been collecting dust for eons. I could drop off axles and gears for both D44 and D30 at any time.

Jeff

CRASH said:

You order all your gear/locker/brake goodies and have them sent to me. I build your 44 for you for $150 ($175 for ARB), and you make one trip to my house to pick up your new axle and drop off your old 44 housing. You get a nice axle built for cheap, and I don't have to crawl around under a rig setting up gears on the weekend.

CRASH

Damn, thats awesome.

Bryan C. said:
Do you have any "camper special" front D44s? :gag: Or are those only rebuilt down south?

URF is in final testing of a "Camper Special" rear 44. With it, you'll be able to do all manner of camping in the destination of your choice.

CRASH

CRASH said:
URF is in final testing of a "Camper Special" rear 44. With it, you'll be able to do all manner of camping in the destination of your choice.

CRASH

Good price and it's great you are working on the Camper Edition 44. Great axle. I was really big on it because I was looking to go with front leafs springs on my hp44.

I hope Dan sees this. He could use some gearing etc on his XJ 44. I could have brought it right over to your house Andy if Dan wanted it done. I picked it up from Chris (88flexj) in Salinas last Saturday and brought it to Dan in Manteca. A xj dana 44 axle for a 89' running Xj isn't a shabby deal and I made 3 people, myself included happy. So I'm not that bad of a guy right? :laugh3:

Bryan C. said:
Do you have any "camper special" front D44s? :gag: Or are those only rebuilt down south?

I think I might have the only 1 in Cali, well maybe not, but mine is down South. There is a special arrangement to build them down south, not south of the border, but pretty close to it. :laugh3:

Last edited:
CRASH said:

CRASH

Thanks Crash, I'll be by to pic it up tomorrow evening. You did say trading in a closed knuckle 25 and 41 rear was ok, right?

Last edited:
Holy cow Andy and spare time something has to be wrong here. You must be going crazy because you only have 10 things to do and not 20. :)

Gary E said:
Holy cow Andy and spare time something has to be wrong here. You must be going crazy because you only have 10 things to do and not 20. :)

Exactly.

I actually sat and watched TV last weekend for a full 3 hour F1 race.

My wife thought I might be down with something serious....like AIDS.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Exactly.

I actually sat and watched TV last weekend for a full 3 hour F1 race.

My wife thought I might be down with something serious....like AIDS.

CRASH

How are you going to get her to do that much gear work?

Update:

Special pricing has been secured for differential parts and gearsets:

Any ratio D-30: $115 D-44: $134 (no junk - these are good gearsets)

Detroits: D-30: $426 D-44: $503

ARB's: $750 (Yet ANOTHER price increase on these!)

LockWrongs: D-30 $246 D-44 $255

High ratio carriers ~$50

Full install sets: $85

PM me for availability and ordering info on this junk. I am not a dealer, but I've worked out a deal with one. I'm not making anything on parts, so I could care less who you buy your junk from.

Other TAD's available upon request. I can get anything.

CRASH

BrettM said:
reeaaaallly? ;)

got any hookups on Toyota E-lockers? most likely used...?

I wish, I called three junkers last week for an FJ-80 front. Apperantly, they don't check their own Car-part.com listings.....

CRASH

Back