• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The JD is parked in the barn. Time to play with da CAT

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
I got tired of Goatman dragging my butt all over the country & making me trash my nice John Deere on every rock in every state, so it was time to build a dedicated rig. Hinkley came up with a rolled 96 4 door & I couldn't resist. My local Caterpillar dealer kicked in with the paint & stickers & the rest is history. We started this project close to 4 months ago & finally have it ready to get bashed for BOTW begining this next week. I couldn't have done it without the help from Scrappy & Jes's sawzall.

Matt
cutxj.jpg

catangleview.jpg

cathood.jpg

I was once told that John Deeres are painted green so that they can hide in the grass when a real tractor goes by. :laugh3:

:wow: that is one nice rig

Oh, my........ that's cover material.

:drool:

I see the front right tire has already been claimed.

No fair! Lack of sheetmetal is cheating!

CRASH

edit: I'm saying a little prayer tonight for your front 44. What ya got in rotating mass there, 120 lbs?

That's really cool, one of the coolest ones I've ever seen.

Looks killer... let us know how she goes.

btray

Holy crap!!! Daddy want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rattle:

More pics please. Especially during the build. This is exactly what i am planning for my build. Did you keep any of the OEM floor? Or did you just build a whole new tube chassis. How wide is the bench in the back? Wide enough for 3?

Mark Hinkley said:
But are the winch bolts tight??????

hinkley

That's why I built the winch "cage". Spectator saftey comes first... :wierd:

Specs:
Front End
78 Ford High pinion front narrowed 6". Lengthend radius arms, ARB Locker, 5.38 gears, Warn shafts, Longfeild joints, Stazworks beadlocks with 37x17 MTR tires.

Rear End
Currie 44, spool, 5.38 gears, Explorer Disc Brakes, Stazworks Beadlocks with 37x17 MTR's.

Other
Atlas 2 4.3:1 T-case, Completely flat belly, still got leaves in the rear, LED light steering wheel, Kicking Stereo so the wife can wheel at her best & a bunch of other little crap that took way too much time to build & fabricate...

Yep Andy, them thar tires & wheels are a heavy combo, but with as much weight I've dropped I'm hoping the 44's will hold up. I flogged pretty good over new years in JV without problem, but time will tell.

Matt

nice progress shots matt......looks nice, but will Jen let you drive this one occasionally?

Back