• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

78 bronco 44

cherokee Wheeler10

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a d44 out of a 78 bronco i want to switch it in and use the radius arms... if there is anyone who has done this before and is local and would be willing to help or point me in the right direction... i have done the search but still have questions....i just need help on where to even start.... detailed pics would be great too... also if anyone has any used parts ( like 4.56 , carrier or locker for the 44) help would be great thank you guys...... it will be a few months till i can aford it all but i would like to get it in before summer......
thanks JJ

i want to keep it full width.... i think the way you set it up is the one i have read about and everyone says is hella good...how did you mount the radius arms on the jeep........what did you do as far as a track bar
JJ

I just di the same swap!
I'm in woodland if you wanna check it out :wave:
xjfront44.jpg

is that the stock coil bucket you used?? on mine it looks like you can just unbolt the radis arms and slide them and the buckets in an inch or 2..... how did you mount the radis arms to the frame....... is that the track bar off the front end????

Last edited:
cherokee Wheeler10 said:
is that the stock coil bucket you used?? on mine it looks like you can just unbolt the radis arms and slide them and the buckets in an inch or 2..... how did you mount the radis arms to the frame....... is that the track bar off the front end????
  1. Stock lower coil buckets from the bronco
  2. xjfront441.jpg
  3. xjfront442.jpg
  4. xjfront443.jpg
  5. The mounts are made from 3/4", 1/2 and 3/8 plate :wow: I hope it holds up :D
  6. We made the track bar.
  7. I'm going to run a wristed my radius arm.

Last edited:
I have no idea whos it is, but almost every day therse a black xj in the raleys parking lot in auburn(forrest hill exit). i believe it has ford radius arms on it.

Back