• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.9 360 engine swap

19Pioneer86

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is my second xj to own and 4th vehicle... I have a 360 sitting in my garage that i orignally bought for my slammed 95 dakota (demon mini truck) the engine still needs rebuilding but i was wanting to know has anyone ever done this swap before?i have the 2.5L FI w/ the 5 spd i know i have to change the transmission and transfer case and motor mounts and that kinda shizz. but what i wanna know is has anyone done it and can maybe give me some things to look out for or some pointers i plan on making a cown induction hood and putting in a 4.0 radiator with electric fans to keep things cool but will this be enough? any help at all is apreciated.

Trent

the xj raditator cant even cool the 4.0 let alone the 5.9 try a rad from a zj with the same motor or a wrangler 4.0 all aluminum rad....Also check over at AEV I think they stuffed 5.9 into a tj thatll give you some Idea of the massive work involved...
themud

If they can fit a 5.9 into a jeep grand cherokee then it will fit in a cherokee. I just dont know if the unibody is strong enough for the torque. If properly reinforced and caged then I say do it!!! I have seen a 6.1 liter vortech in a 93 XJ and it was clean and very fast!!

Back