• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

south east New England Meet & Greet in RI... SAT FEB 12th

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
where: Wright's Farm Restaurant North Smithfield, RI http://www.wrightsfarm.com/ directions are available on their site..

when: saturday Feb 12th... time: TBA (afternoon/evening)

who: any and all jeepers (not XJ specific)

why: to promote NAXJA and organized off-roading in general, and get people together for some conversation and a great meal...

this restaurant was the true meaning behind the "chicken run's" of the past... some of you may know, but others don't.. this was a pretty hot spot for wheeling and ending the day at the restaurant.. (the trail has since been closed to us) i chose this place because i havent been there in a while and it is central to most of southestern new england... the place is HUGE and has easily seated 50 hungry jeepers with no reservations in the past... we did a M&G here last year and that was the night that PAHighlander wrecked his beautiful XJ (thanks to a drunk driver.. thank god bill was not injured!) lets get some of our friends together and come on down for some chicken and some B/S'ing....

its an all-you-can-eat salad, pasta, fries, and chicken meal that is served to you at your table.. they just keep it coming until everyone is done... they do serve alcohol at the bar if you chose to drink..

as the saying goes... "it's all about the chicken" .. more true now than before.. so just in case someone asks...

THERE WILL BE NO WHEELING AT ANY TIME IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS EVENT, AS THE TRAIL HAS BEEN CLOSED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES... there are some very tenacious people working to get it opened up again but for now its closed...

GREAT !! finally something on my off-duty weekend ! il be there and probably another xj from down here (6 / 32s) will probably make the run up with me. hey mike who have you pmd?

cya
keith

Cherokee-Dan said:
Dam Skippy Finally, Ill be there , i'll try to take the oldman along.Mike wanna take the tires then. Cant wait , smithsfield is'nt that far right?

smithfield is off of Rt 146 near the Ma border..

b666 probably meet up with you on rt 4 around were 138 ( the bridge part) dumps in.. maybe that first exit there at the 1st traffic light.. il let you know when its closer

keith

Silverstreak01 said:
haha im going to get soooo stuckkk
Your only "stuck" If you have to rely on some one else to get you out! :) :lecture:

i should be there i guessing were still not able to wheel down there any word if we can do a real chicken run again

massxj said:
i should be there i guessing were still not able to wheel down there any word if we can do a real chicken run again

the local RI land-use guys are working on it but for now its still a no-go....

Back