• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width XJ guys

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
I started my full width project today, HP d-44 up front and 9",39" boggers,5:38's, .120 wall drivelines, Moser alloys all the way around, CTM's up front, a Spool and Detroit
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hi-steer when my play $$ fund gets back up to par
The 9" almost done, Is there anything I should watchout for up front?
I'll be running the ford radius arms, wj 4.5 front coils on a 3" platform
and Adj. track bar. It seems like it will be pretty easy except the whole welding to cast deal, which won't be to hard either

Last edited:
Don't just look at the costs of the big ticket items, look out for the nickel and dime costs. Wheel studs and lug nuts alone cost me over 100 bucks.

Fryphax said:
Don't just look at the costs of the big ticket items, look out for the nickel and dime costs. Wheel studs and lug nuts alone cost me over 100 bucks.
I got the COMPLETE front and rear end with everything attached for 18.00 :greensmok
That included wheels, brackets and lugnuts ;)

ya the nickel and dime stuff CAN kill you so always be on the lookout for sweet deals at local auto parts stores and avoid at all costs buying shit from ford or chevy dealerships. as for the high steer arms, i remember reading somewhere that you want the ones with a slight angle where the tre connects :dunno: might want to look that one up on pirate.

edit. also make sure youre gonna clear your oil pan with your driver side upper arm bracket

Last edited:
All I can say is keep us updated with pics. I am going to be doing this to a project jeep my brother and I just bought. I may even do it to my 98!!===kyle

Why not go leafs?

I'm putting an AMC20 and D44 out of a Wagoneer into my 90, and decided to go leafs.

The $600 I'll save <springs, brackets, etc> will pay for my hydraulic winch. Plus, leafs are more predictable...

still a very cool build, though.. keep pics coming!

Lee, watch out for the front pinion angle if you are going with a big lift (7-8"+). Ask me how I know. My pinion angle was nasty just sitting on pavement, any droop would have maxed the front ujoint pronto. I corrected mine 13*. It's not that hard to do with an angle grinder, angle finder, three jackstands, ratchet straps, case of beer and a friend.

PM me if you need any help.

SeanP

I concur. The poly bushings are waaaay too tight. I'm going back to rubber ones next chance I get. Of course, I can do that because my control arms are pretty much parallel with the ground like they were on the Bronco. If the arms rake downward from more lift or higher mounting points, then the degreed bushings become necessary.
Jeep on!
--Pete

wow. What is that, 1/2" plate? WAYYYY overkill, dude.

Also, what's the deal with the bend at the axle-side of the trackbar?

1. It's 3/4" plate.....No use doing it unles you over do it :shocked:
  2. The trackbar is the stock Bronco one and is only there for measurements, I'm building a new one with Heim joints and .250 DOM
  3. The front spring cups are being moved :lecture:

crazy4mopar said:
  1. It's 3/4" plate.....No use doing it unles you over do it :shocked:
  2. The trackbar is the stock Bronco one and is only there for measurements, I'm building a new one with Heim joints and .250 DOM
  3. The front spring cups are being moved :lecture:

cool, just pointing it out in case you were planning on driving it that way...you never know with some people. let us know (pics) how it develops!

cheers:repair:

Back