• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ D44 3.55 will ship

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
87 XJ Wagoneer D44 I would say "good" condtion

Specs:
Stock XJ width
XJ shock mounts
big drum brakes
5x4.5
i was told it is a track lock carrier (does not lock up, might need new clutches)
no sway bar mounts
new 75w-140 Royal purple lube
3.55 ratio
brake shoes appear to be 50-70% or so
no rust
e-brake cables included

I am currently running this under my rig and it runs pretty good, just looking to get something beefier instead of bulding this up.
I planned on keeping the shafts for spare, but it do have them for the axle and they are in good condition

perfer local pickup but will ship (probably $100-$150 to ship if you can take delivery at a shipping terminal)

I see junkyard housings go for about $300, and seeing as this has decent brake hardware and rust free.... i think

$350 w/o shafts

carrierd44.jpg

when I had the cover off all the ring gear teeth looked good, no chips or anything like that
redxjgear_1340.jpg

d44brakes.jpg

attachment.php

yes, it is complete drum to drum with shafts right now. The shafts are in good condition. I would want $425 + actual shipping for it as is with shafts. I wanted to keep them as spares for my new axle which is another 44 with gears and a full detroit (the reason i am selling this one)
PM me if you would like to work out something.

i planned on pulling the shafts before shipment and probably draining some of the lube out and making a temp seal on the tube (t-shirt).

about the track-lock, there was a similar comment on JU and you can read the comments here:
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=568498
i am not 100% if it does or does not have track lock.

i think i forgot to mention this, but the pinion seal leaks a little, not a major leak or anything though. Im gonna get better pics of the housing tommorow

Last edited:
i will consider offers and/or partial trades for jeep stuff

i am specifically looking for:
D30 shafts complete (with large d44 joints) and hubs if you got them
96+ steering box in very good condition
(one) 33x12.50 BFG MT on 15x8 rim (spare)
D30 and D44 diff guard or HD cover
adj front UCA's

PM me with anything specific

yeah, that was when i first got it. I swapped out the lube and filled to the proper level and have not had problems since. the areas are slightly damp with lube, but when I pop open the drums etc there is not excess lube in there. Its probably just a leaky inner tube seal which is to be expected with an 87axle with ~200k (est) on it.

like I said I was planning on regearing the axle and replacing all the seals and bearings but i got a built D44

jeepxjd44_1528.jpg

jeepxj_1520.jpg

jeepxjd44_1525.jpg

make reasonable offer

Back