• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 4.0 header?

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a header for 2000 xj w 4.0 ? im even down fo modifing a heade for an older xj if it will fit my head.
:piratefla

I think any HO (91+) header will fit a 2000 - it's just that the earlier ones have a single output, so you wouldn't be able to retain the dual precats. The O2 sensors may be an issue also, and I doubt it would be smog legal depending on where you live.

mine does not have pre cats. I live in tennesssee.no testing in my county. :piratefla

Brian Felts said:
mine does not have pre cats. I live in tennesssee.no testing in my county. :piratefla
nor does mine. i think it depends on the date it was made. also i have heard that not all 2000 have the coil on plug ignition. also pre and post o2 sensors by the cat

Banks has the Torque Tube header for the 2000 4.0
35d2.jpg

Then you should be good to go. You would just need to fab up the exhaust. I don't think the coil on plug makes any difference as far as the exhaust manifold is concerned.

Installed the Gale Banks header on my 98 a year ago.... The installation was straight forward..... Nice quality and increase mid range performance.
The only problem I had initially was getting the fuel line to release so that I could remove the intake manifold.
The factory exhaust bolted up on mine, but the '00 exhaust is slightly different than mine.
Might contact Gale Banks to see if they have one that fits your application where you dont need to modify the exhaust.

Charles

Brian Felts said:
Anyone know of a header for 2000 xj w 4.0 ? im even down fo modifing a heade for an older xj if it will fit my head.
:piratefla

when you do this you have stock a front and rear exhuast manifold set up ( 2 piece ) so you'll have to get another down pipe to the cat for it. Unless the supplier has already included it in the package.

Back