• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you get these codes???

red922dr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj 4L HO ax5 np231 110,000 mi the Maintainence Required light was on so for fun I pulled the OBD I codes. they were 33; short or open circut in A/C clutch relay and 35; short or open circut in radiator relay. Sounds normal execpt I don't have AC nor and electric fan. Any Ideas on what may be giving me these.
I reset the codes and they came right back at next start up.

we have a 91 xj with the light on. we got the codes out as well and they were for the a/c as well. it dosent have a/c! by resetting the computer they came back. we ve found that a piece of tape works quite well.

For the record the tape is over the "maintenance required" light and not the "check engie" light. As far as I know the MR light is triggered at a preset mileage to indicate emmissions service should be performed, I've seen something somewhere about resetting it, try doing a search. Those codes are simpy "ghost" codes on an Xj without those options and will not trigger the CE light.

Tony

Back