• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Bolts: Can I reuse? Where to find?

xjfish

NAXJA Forum User
I searched. I'm going to be installing a S-10/Cherokee leaf pack soon to my D44 equipped XJ. The meaurements seem to show that they are 2.75" gap and .5" thick. Looked at a couple hardware stores and they don't have them. Stock ones look pretty rusty but might be still be useable. Bad Idea? Anybody else reused theirs?? Look like they might be just barely long enough. Where can i buy them online for a reasonable price? Does the D35 use the same size?Local parts stores: NAPA/Champion. Check there?

Appreciate any help! Sorry for a boring post...

2nd that... Do not re-use them.

Check you local yellow pages for spring shop, could also order from RE.

I agree , do not reuse them.

You can find them at a well supplied parts store as well as a spring shop. I work at a bumper to bumper ( previously champion and we usually have about 16 different lengths and sizes on hand.

At my local shop "Allied Spring" in Syracuse I got all 4 (extra long but can't remember how long) for my 8.25 with washers and nuts for $22. My company has an account there though and so it was a little cheaper. You sell u-bolts?

y2kxj said:
At my local shop "Allied Spring" in Syracuse I got all 4 (extra long but can't remember how long) for my 8.25 with washers and nuts for $22. My company has an account there though and so it was a little cheaper. You sell u-bolts?

Yes, we have them on the shelf. for Just about all applications

Thanks for the help. I've kinda came up emty handed on U-bolts locally. No spring shops around that I can find any listing of. I forgot that the local NAPA was recently changed to an Advance Auto. Checked there and they don't have much for U-bolts. Checked a bunch of generic fastner stores online and most had 2-3/8" ID but no 2-3/4" Rustys: $28 for 4 plus ship. RE $32+ship. Rocky Road Outfitters has them for $11 or about $23 shipped although they don't say how many and they say that the 8.25 and D44 are the same size witch I don't think is true. jjepfreak I might be interested.
I'll keep looking...

Well I finally found some somewhat local at a large new/used auto parts supplier. My local Champion doesn't carry them. $28 for 4. Went ahead and bought washers,nuts,leaf spring clamps, and 2 center pins (which I think are gonna be too short..) Total was $48. More than I spend on a pair of brand new S-10 leaf packs shipped to my door... To anyone looking up this thread: Highly reccomend shopping around to save a few bucks!

VegasAnthony said:
IMO rustysoffroad.com

anthony - what could have possibly posesed you to bring back a year old thread to give advice to someone that has already gotten their junk taken care of?

Back