• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NY: Ramsey winch mount grille guard

penberth

NAXJA Forum User
I have a few year old Ramsey winch mount grille guard up for sale. I ended up switching over to an ARB bull bar. So I have no use for this anymore.

Here is a picture of it:
paragon019.jpg

There are tons of pictures of it here:
http://www.niagara4x4.com/trail.php?trailID=1

It had some rust on it, but I have sanded it down, and repainted it. For the most part, it looks pretty damn good. There are a few spots on the main winch carrier unit that were pitted a little, so those areas don't look as good as the other spots.

guard1.jpg

guard2.jpg

Here is a shot of some of the pitting:
guard3.jpg

You can see a little bit of it on the front as well:
guard4.jpg

This has extra holes that were drilled for the roller fairlead. I wanted to use a Warn winch, and their fairleads have the mounting holes up higher. So, as it sits right now, you can mount either a Warn or Ramsey winch into this guard.

Here is the pictures from the initial mounting of it on my Cherokee:
http://www.niagara4x4.com/xjgrilleguard.php

New, this guard was about $430 shipped, I would like to get around $250 for it. It dis-assembles easily for shipping, my guess is that shipping will run you around $30-40. I still have the original installation instructions that will come with it.

If you want other pictures, etc, I can easily get them and post them. If you are in the Buffalo, NY area, and want to check it out in person...just PM me.
Any questions, etc, just PM me.

Keep me in mind if you dont sell it. Im trying to sell the yj to buy a xj. Havent gotten any bites on the yj, nor found what im looking for in a xj.

ATTN Maximus

You PM box is full, so here is my message:

I should be able to get a box today from work, then I can figure out the dimensions, and weight. I will PM you later tonight and let you know.

Did you sell the grill guard?

Would it fit a 97XJ? I have Rusty's front tow hooks and front Receiver. Would the guard with these? I am currently using a removable mount with a Ramsey 8000.

JeepJockey
St. Louis. MO

It would definitely fit a 1997. The front receiver would have to go, which is no biggy since you won't need it anymore anyways. You could sell it and make back some cash.

As for the tow hooks, I am not too sure. I had the Jeep factory hooks, and they mounted up fine, but the one brace wouldn't fit since the (piece #6 - middle bracket from page 1) was in the way. I called Ramsey and asked them about it (bracket in the way) and they said that I could drill and bolt the tow hooks into the side upright brackets. They said to bolt them using grade 8 hardware, and I would be fine. But Rusty's may mount differently.

I was going to do that, just never got around to it. If someone needed to strap me out, I either used the winch, or just hooked the strap to the winch hook, and used that as the tow point.

Here is the manual from Ramsey winch website:
http://www.ramseypdfs.com/owners_search_pdfs/295326-D.pdf

I have all of the hardware for it, and the original mounting instructions. (These are the same ones that are online.) Overall, the piece is in good shape, as is visible in the picture.

I just took it apart and boxed it up for shipping. So If you want, I can give you a shipping quote, just send me your zip code.

I am still waiting to hear from Maximus, as he was interested as well.

Let me know.

Bryan

Back