• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of the lift and the ride afterwards (Disturbing images)

SouthernXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Shot of Mark (2offroad) working with the Add-a-leaf:
1.jpg

Pic of Glenn's (Ghost) side of the XJ:
2.jpg

Glenn's back yard:
3.jpg

Glenn making firewood:
4.jpg

Mark finishing it off:
5.jpg

Er, slight snag:
6.jpg

Burried:
7.jpg

About to get jerked out:
8.jpg

Shot from inside my truck in route to the clay:
9.jpg

Mark climbing the hill in:
10.jpg

Glenn considering the drop:
11.jpg

Mark climbing up the drop:
12.jpg

Glenn doing the same. Did you just hear something?
13.jpg

Let's slide under the Ghost and find the prob...:
16.jpg

Doh!:
15.jpg

Um, I think I'll just have some water, thanks...:
17.jpg

Mark's rig:
14.jpg

Glenn in front wheel only:
18.jpg

Look mom, I got muddy!
18b.jpg

At home in the burbs. Funny thing is, there is a Hummer about 4 houses down that has never seen dirt:
19.jpg

Cant remember this guy's name but couldent leave him out:
20.jpg

My daughter likes the lift!:
jeepgirl.jpg

Thanks for the working on the "trail damage" shot! I'm sure everyone wants to see that one! Nice shots though! Oh yea that was Billy! :wstupid:

Lol, dont mention it ;)

There are a couple more shots but they are pretty much more of the same. I'll shoot you all of them through email tonight if I can get my computer working right. "Someone" (wife probably) seems to have let a virus through. Who knows...

Just walked into the shop and found a few "new" tools! A shinny lug wrench, and and adapter for some security lug nuts! :twak: :cool: :wierd: :dunno:

Lol, oh crap. Hope I dont blow a tire in the near future. If you make it to Morrow Mountain I'll nab it then. If not, I'll pick up some replacements somewhere.... hate those locking lugs anyhow :gonnablow

Edit: That wrench may be Mark's. Think mine is still in my Jeep.

GSequoia said:
Glenn, you popped a shaft again? Somebody go pull a copule spark plug wires on this boy, we need to cut the power of his engine!

Actually the correct term would be "sheared some strap bolts!" But yes again! I think its the blocks and the pinion getting in a bind. Will be installing a new old 6" spring pack this week.

Took a close look and it looks as if the tab that holds the cap in failed. It isn't there but the weld on the other side that broke last time is still there! So I guess the cap got spit out then the two bolts got sheared! Time for a ubolt upgrade and to weld the other side too. Looks like I need a spare pinion yoke now!

look on the table where the drill press is, a grey box of pretty drill bits. the 4 way is mine. i want it back. the 4 way mainly the bit hopefully.

great pixs thanks Sky.

ps Sky PM Ghost your mailing address so he can mail you the lug key you may need before Morrow Mt.

Last edited:
this is Mrs. 2offroad, and I just want to say thanks for the pic of Mark actually doing some work.

Yeah, I shot him my mailing addy.

Hey, guy here at work knows a guy who may have an ARB front bumber for sale cheap. May go after it if it's dirt cheap. How much did the materials cost to make your front bumper (minus the hitch)? I may try to locate some steel and have my guy here in town cut and weld one rather than buy one. Dont really need one any time soon, just planning down the road.

**Edit: Lol, mark was great. Busted his ass for nothing more than some mexican food that looked like something the dog barfs up after eating grass :)

2offroad said:
look on the table where the drill press is, a grey box of pretty drill bits. the 4 way is mine. i want it back. the 4 way mainly the bit hopefully.

great pixs thanks Sky.

ps Sky PM Ghost your mailing address so he can mail you the lug key you may need before Morrow Mt.

Yea I see this nice box of shinny bits..... you want me to ship em to you? :doh:

naw just keep them they are extras, just hold on to the 4 way and bring it to Morrow Mt or the Crawl.

2offroad said:
naw just keep them they are extras, just hold on to the 4 way and bring it to Morrow Mt or the Crawl.

4 way lug wrench? OK!

no the bits, i want the 4 way back, if my wife will let me a 3 way.

Thanks Skye for the pix, I used one for my Avatar

about $70 for the 3X6 and 2X2 on both ends, $50 for the frame plates in front, and $20 ea for the d-ring mounts.

$70 each side or $70 for both? For both wouldent be too bad.

I need to get a better look at it in the mountains. There is a metal scrap yard near me and I may try to make one soon. Was going to make a rack out of 1x1 but that stuff is not only expensive, steel just went up in price again. I have a buddy who may be able to slip me some angle iron and flat bar instead. But the bumper will probably be what I get from the local yard.

Back