• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB snorkle and 2nd battery

BLUTO

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who have installed an ARB snorkle AND have a 2nd battery up front.... What did you use for an air filter?
I'm thinking that the 2nd battery will go where the stock air cleaner is now. Is there some "generic" watertight filter canister that will filter the air from the snorkle?
thanx,
BLUTO :)

woah I can't believe they are charging 230$ for that piece of aluminum wouldn't be too hard to make your own.

I did this very mod last fall and posted a number of pics on the yahoogroups called madxj. Here is a link to the files section with the pics:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/madxj/files/Jeffs Jeep Mods/Air Intake/

I used an intense air cannister that was black powdercoated, an ARB Snorkel, and numerous rubber elbows made from radiator hoses. I ran the snorkel directly into the engine compartment from the end of the plastic snorkel piece and through the inner fender. I also had to sink the computer into the fender to make room for the battery on my '98. Seems to be working well so far. Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
I did this very mod last fall and posted a number of pics on the yahoogroups called madxj. Here is a link to the files section with the pics:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/madxj/files/Jeffs Jeep Mods/Air Intake/

I used an intense air cannister that was black powdercoated, an ARB Snorkel, and numerous rubber elbows made from radiator hoses. I ran the snorkel directly into the engine compartment from the end of the plastic snorkel piece and through the inner fender. I also had to sink the computer into the fender to make room for the battery on my '98. Seems to be working well so far. Jeff
Jeff, I'd really like to see your underhood setup. Although I'm a member of Yahoo groups, I can't log onto the page. Do you have these pics viewable elsewhere?
-Todd

My friend was supposed to make an article for www.madxj.com with many pics, but so far he hasn't gotten it done. If you can get into yahoogroups, you probably have to sign up to be on the madxj yahoo group. Once into that group, you can go to the files area, then the Jeffs Jeep Mods folder, and then air intake mods or something like that. I don't have them posted anywhere else. Sorry. Jeff

I made my own intake using some PVC pipes. I used a 6" coupler, used a 6" to 3" reducer (2).

faf8f8a8.jpg

Trevorxj said:
I made my own intake using some PVC pipes. I used a 6" coupler, used a 6" to 3" reducer (2).

faf8f8a8.jpg
Trevor, could you have left the washer tank in the fender. I'd like to do something similiar but I'd like to leave the tank where it's at to save room under the hood for other 'stuff'.

I think so, the flex tube that goes from the snorkle to the new filter tube is about 4 inches before the washer bottle neck. Also note to do this you have to remove some of the ARB tube where the 90* bend is at and make it straight.

Trevorxj said:
I think so, the flex tube that goes from the snorkle to the new filter tube is about 4 inches before the washer bottle neck. Also note to do this you have to remove some of the ARB tube where the 90* bend is at and make it straight.

DAng Trevor ... you need to get that thing back up and runnign so I can check that out....

Back