NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old December 2nd, 2017, 15:48
NAXJA Member

Ground for door lock

The door lock actuator have only 2 wires on it one for the unlock and the other for the lock function. Where is the ground? I assume it is grounded via the case. Is this correct?

I pulled the cover off the passenger front door today and pocked around in there a bit. The reason? The links on the door lock rattles quite a bit and are driving me crazy. It started a few days ago. The plastic keepers that hold the links to the lock seem to have worn out, old age I assume. I need to find a creative way to fix this,...I wonder if these keepers are available new?

The door look actuator have been an ongoing problem for some time now looking every time on the first try but seldom unlock electrically. The bracket on the actuator is riveted to the door. These rivets are loose allowing the actuator to wobble around. Replacing the rivets with bolts and nuts would stop the wobble but would it help electrically?

1996 XJ; 4.0L; AW4; NP231; SYE; D30 and D44; ECTED; 4.10 gears; 30X9.5 -15 BFG/AT/KO; 3" lift; Rusty's LCA; JKS ADJ UCA; Kevins ADJ Track bar; Drawtite Front Receiver; Dual Electric Fans; Dual Battaries.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 16:47
NAXJA Member

Re: Ground for door lock

No separate ground -- the door lock actuator locks and unlocks by reversing the polarity thru the 2 wires