• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mark your Calendars - Wheeling and AAT, Father's Day Weekend!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Okay kids, time to have some fun and do a bit of work Father's Day weekend. If you're a gene donor use the excuse that it's your weekend to get out of the house. If you don't have kids ask one of use, I'm sure we can loan you a few!

When: Saturday June 15 - Sunday June 16
Saturday we'll work on 2N49. If we get good turnout we'll do some light to moderate wheeling afterward.

Sunday is a fun day.

I've got a few more details to work out such as camping, etc., I hope to work them out tomorrow.

Be there.

Let me know when you get camping worked out.

We (team naxja) have been talking about doing a camping trip that weekend to just hang out, and not involve cars. I think we could be talked into a couple of hours of picking up trash and cutting bushes.

Will there be burgers? Does the club have money for this? :p

I'll try and make it even if it's just for the day. Camping with the Kid would be fun too.

Let me know when you get camping worked out.

I hope to have it sorted later on today or tomorrow.

Right now the plan is camping will be for people who participated in AAT only, others fend for themselves.

Okay, time to flesh out the details.

We arrive in the morning and do trail maintenance on 2N49.

VOLUNTEERS ONLY will camp at Tent Peg group camp for free. The only way you're getting in is by doing work with us on 2N49 so come on out. Tent Peg is located near Crab Flats.

Sunday we'll do some trails and have fun. I'm envisioning a fairly relaxed day.

IE4x4 will be on the mountain in force for their large event so we will want to stay off the big name trail, no big deal though as there is plenty of fun to be had on other trails.

SATURDAY

Meeting point. End of Palm Avenue in San Bernardino.

Take your method of choice to get the the 215. The Palm Avenue offramp is in between the 15 and 210. Go North on Palm. Meet up at the dirt.

Meeting Time 9:00 AM

I suggest you dress in loose fitting clothing. Please have a long sleeve shirt as the brush we are dealing with is abrasive to the arms. Bring work gloves, a hat, and sun protections. Bug spray is also a good idea.

Bring food and plenty of water.

For tools the main item we need are loppers, brushing is going to be the main focus of the day.

Children and other well-behaved pets are welcome.

If we get good turnout and have time I'd like to take Pilot Rock trail on the way to Tent Peg, we'll make that call at the end of 2N49. Pilot Rock is a USFS Moderate rated trail.

Last edited:
SUNDAY

Meeting place:
Tent Peg group campsite
34.26528, -117.08333

Meeting time:
Volunteers are sleeping here.
Non-Volunteers should arrive around 9:00 AM so we can discuss what folks want to do. If demand calls for it there will be more than one run.

Bring: Your Jeep!

I work saturday june 15th.

as it stands now I wouldn't be off until late PM.

bummed.

Not sure if you know this but Big Bear Forest Fest XVI is going that same weekend, its going to be packed in Big Bear that weekend. I will be up there working the event for for work.

Cool, another event to mark on my calender that I'm probably not gonna be able to make. Have fun, clean up the trail!!

I am willing to work on Saturday, but my rig is thoroughly out of commission. If I can catch a ride with someone from where the pavement ends to the work site and back, I'll lend a hand with the trail mentenance.

Al - You have plenty of time to fix it!

I wish it was so. But the reality is there is a lot that needs fixing, including replacing the tranny shift solenoid, without which It can't pass smog. That plus the giant hole in the exhaust and all the other stuff and it'll be out of commission for a while. I'm going to have to go PNO, which'll create a whole other difficulty in getting it somewhere to work on.

I'm shooting for September 1st, so I'll have it running for dove season.

Back