• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mass - 1971 Chrysler New Yorker 440/Auto

MassMopar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys - figured I'd throw this on here and see if there's any interest

1971 New Yorker, 440 / 727 Auto / 2.76 open 8.75
4 Doors - Power steering, power front disc brakes, manual locks & windows, power front bench seat

P7170021.JPG

P1290333.JPG

Good:
Low rust - garaged West Virginia car
Unmolested - very original
95% of the way to being a solid driver - I did the shocks, muffler, power steering pump, elec fuel pump, heads, lifters, pushrods, transmission, master cylinder, elec ignition, tires, battery, and more that I'm forgetting
Original A/C car - it's all there but doesn't work

Bad:
Rad & heater core leak under pressure
Carb sucks - I rebuilt it but it's never run as strong as it could, should be replaced.
Driver side rear tire leaks - I think it's the rim

I daily drove this beast for 6 months then parked it in the garage when I bought a truck. It's been basically sitting since then as priorities changed. I would love to keep it but I just don't have the space, time, and $$ to make it mint. It really needs a rad, carb, and a nice dual exhaust setup to be a sweet summer time cruiser on the cheap (maybe a cam to wake it up a bit?)

Asking $2500 - It runs and drives but bring a trailer as the rad pees when it's up to temp.

I don't think there's a cleaner '71 440 anything to be found for this short $$

Located in Marlboro MA
PM me here on the board or
email me at mangsen "at" gmail "dot" com
Text/call (774) Two-Four-Niner Four-Six-Eight-Four

The original 727 I pulled out comes with it - forward gears are strong but reverse slips

More pics from a few years ago - nothing's changed except some more dust

http://picasaweb.google.com/nmangsen/NewYorkerForSale

http://picasaweb.google.com/nmangsen/NewYorkerForSalePart2

Cop suspension and brakes?

Awesome car! GLWS

Cop motor too! None of that emissions crap so it runs good on regular gas.....

Swapped the dual snorkel intake from my Charger in

P7170011.JPG

Thanks guys

Sorry for the multiple posts but the forum doesn't let me edit anything older than a few minutes -

4/12 Price Drop - $2300

Back