• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA give-away XJ build party at the fun factory

knucklehead 61

NAXJA Forum User
since the weather finally turned nice & we are past KOH it is time to start building the NAXJA give-away XJ project.
i'll be working on it this sunday & monday, starting at 10:00
if anyone wants to come over & help out that would be great.
you can help out or work on your junk at the factory.
b.y.o.b. & snacks.
if you haven't been here before pm for directions.

Tim,

I'm wondering if the members of our chapter even know what this is about.

For those who don't, at the 30th Anniversary Celebration in Moab this October NAXJA is going to raffle off a 1999 XJ outfitted with aftermarket parts and built to be a very capable vehicle. I do not know what all the parts are that will be added however I do know that Tim has received ARB lockers for at least one of the axles.

I was present at the 25th Anniversary event and they gave away an XJ there also. I can tell you these are not just some peices of junk that are bought, plastered with a few stickers and given away. They are XJs that anyone would want.

Tim has volunteered to start the build at his shop, and from what I know he was instrumental in acquiring the base vehicle from the beginning. I've heard that it is a super clean XJ and its the year everyone wants - a 99. Its probably in better condition than any of our XJs. I would gladly volunteer my time, even if it were just an afternoon to be a part of this build, help out Tim, and help represent our chapter for this special project. The problem is I live in a different state or I'd be there. Heck, I'm dying to just check out Tim's amazing shop...

I'm asking for all members of our chapter to please help if you are able and be part of this special project. Besides, you (or I!) might be the lucky winner of this XJ this October. :)

I'm working today and tomorrow and my daughter has a volleyball tournament in San Mateo that ends Monday. I'll see if I can head down for a bit on Monday, either before or after her game.

Tim, i am game to help but am still on doctors restrictions until after March .

I have not told to many people but I had open heart surgery in December.

It would be very helpful for those of us farther away to possibly post up a build schedule. Of what needs to be done proposed weekends to get it done. The last thing i want is for you to get stuck with all this work after be kind enough to volunteer for the project and offer up your shop.

Everybody welcome? I'd like to come tomorrow and help with whatever I can and get some ideas for my rig. Anything you need people to bring? Food? Beer?

Everybody welcome? I'd like to come tomorrow and help with whatever I can and get some ideas for my rig. Anything you need people to bring? Food? Beer?

yes, everyone is welcome. party1:
you can bring food / snacks / beer / soda
i don't drink so i only have water in the shop fridge.
i have all the tools we will need....to do anything to anything.

i would like to start the build by:
removing oem bumpers.
removing oem fender flairs.
install napier flairs.
drop t/case & install sye
remove all shocks.
install roof rack.
prep unibody rails for frame stiffeners.

i need to weld on the frame stiffeners before we throw the long arm lift on.

pm for directions to my house / fun factory.

Tim likes Taco Bell

Tim likes Taco Bell

Correction - Tim will help you bury a dead body for Taco Bell.

I'll be back in town on 3/2 and 3/3. If there is a build party that weekend, I should be able to be for a few hours on one of the days.

Last edited:
Would the stock bumper be up for grabs to some one that helps wrench on it/donates parts? I might be able to head up there tomorrow.

If anyone is going tomorrow please send me the address!

Last edited:
Someone take lots of pictures please!

mac 'sponsors are ready for pics!' gyvr

Someone take lots of pictures please!

mac 'sponsors are ready for pics!' gyvr

I forgot to bring a camera today. I wanted to get some before pictures.
We started the teardown this afternoon we have taken off the flairs, removed the front axle and Tim did the SYE and reinstalled the transfer case. Lots of work still to be done, hopefully next time we will get more participants. The rig is really clean, someones going to be very happy.

Would the stock bumper be up for grabs to some one that helps wrench on it/donates parts? I might be able to head up there tomorrow.

If anyone is going tomorrow please send me the address!

i was hoping to sell the bumpers to get some cash to buy stuff for the build such as oil, atf, gear lube, gaskets, seals, brake fluid, misc. electrical wiring, fittings, welding consumables, etc.

the bumpers are perfect. i am thinking they would be a steal for $75 for the pair. also have all stock suspension stuff, springs, new stock shocks, steering, etc. make an offer or donate parts or supplies to the build & haul this stuff away.

also, we need a set of rear shackles asap as there were none included with the clayton longarm kit.

in addition to the work mr. ed listed i also got one lower control mount cut off & cleaned off. still need to do the other side. hopefully i'll have the frame stiffeners welded on tomorrow as well as the trackbar mount & front crossmember welded in place.

mondays action will start at 10:00 & everyone is welcome to drop by & help.

special thanks to mr. ed for grabbing the 12 pak of taco bell tacos.

i killed 7 of the 12. :gee:

ktmqdracer, you left your cooler here.
it is safe, so grab it whenever you are back in town, & thanks for showing up & helping. always a pleasure meeting fellow NAXJA commandos.

special thanks to mr. ed for grabbing the 12 pak of taco bell tacos.

i killed 7 of the 12. :gee:

ktmqdracer, you left your cooler here.
it is safe, so grab it whenever you are back in town, & thanks for showing up & helping. always a pleasure meeting fellow NAXJA commandos.

Well crap! Oh well, nice meeting you guys

Back