• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dave's 00

DaveS98

NAXJA Forum User
Coming over here just to mess around, will join up soon and support the cause. I frequent cherokee forum (XJ88). This is my 3rd xj..hopefully will be keeping this one for a while. Started with an 88 back in 2009..after a few different lifts and not knowing what I was doing I ended up with a 4.5" RC lift and 31" Km2s. Sold it and found a 98 for 1500 bucks. Picked it up, tossed a 4.5" RE Superflex on it, ran 33" big horns for a while until I traded for 255 km1s on JK moabs... Traded it for a toyota (flame away) with a marlin crawler setup on 35s...ended up fuhking hating the yota. Sold it and bought this 2000 XJ with 91k on the odo for 2900 bucks.

2012-12-17_16-50-27_71.jpg

Dumbass that owned it before me really didnt know what he was doing. 3 inch spacer up front and 3 inch blocks in the rear.. stock shocks. Mother of ****.

For some reason though he did buy an IRO double sheer trac bar, so he did get a bit of sense in him for a while. 265 Nittos on 16" icons...decent little tires but not my cup of tea. At the time when I bought it (december of 2012) I was broke..so it stayed like this till present day.

After some research I found it started its life as a 2wd xj and went through a conversion from the PO. Seems like he did that right other than the linkage to the t-case is a bit off...doesnt like to stay go back to 2wd. Ill get to that later, no wheeling right now, blocks scare me.

I battled DW for about a month straight. Balanced wheels, zj tie rod, inspected ball joints, allignment, finally rotating seemed to get the job done.

The peep had a busted header panel when I bought it, ordered an ebay one (sucks ass, doesnt fit right) and put it on.. gets the job done I guess. Washed it to see what the thing looked like semi clean...gotta get rid of the homo stickers:

IMG_0712_zpsc88a85e6.jpg

IMG_0711_zps8f293759.jpg

IMG_0710_zps33bcd4f2.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsd787d691.jpg

IMG_0706_zpsa7ac6d3f.jpg

After debating, researching, and thinking it over and over.. i decided where I wanted to go with this rig. I dd it a few miles to and from work each day, other than that it just goes to and from the trail, and gets used as a family play rig.

I concluded I wanted to stay semi low-cog, long arms, 35s, lockers, etc etc... and all around rig.

My buddy had previously fabbed up a 3 link for his old xj..it proved itself and really interested me..I decided id have him hook me up with it..so I started ordering parts for the 3 link.

Placed my order with ruff stuff for heims, some DOM for the upper arm (lowers will be square), and a few other miscellaneous pieces. Also ordered a currie JJ insert for the upper axle mount, and ordered some cross member brackets from other sources.

Picked up some steel locally for the lower links and the cross member.
Cross member is going to be 3/16" rect tube..welded and bolted to the unibody.

KOH kinda delayed the shipment from Ruff stuff but it should be here this coming monday.

In the mean time I sourced a set of 35" mtzs for around 900 out the door..
good deal but was going to break the budget. Looks like I will instead be going with 35x1250x17s on JK moabs with some adapters. Going to be a much better deal.

Also ordered a HnT for my 242 t-case from dirtbound..still gotta find a front cv shaft.

RE should be sending me 4.5" coils, and 3.5" leaf packs...I plan on going with a relocation box for the rear to help with articulation.

Looks good, and looks like you have a game plan for a decent setup... I would maybe look into painting the lower half of your doors so it matches your front and rear fenders. The black just doesn't flow with the silver all that well right now...
Otherwise keep up the work and picture progress!

Looks good, and looks like you have a game plan for a decent setup... I would maybe look into painting the lower half of your doors so it matches your front and rear fenders. The black just doesn't flow with the silver all that well right now...
Otherwise keep up the work and picture progress!

Your in chatt-town? Sweet. Im in rossville.
You have no idea how many mixed opinions ive had about the fenders lol.
Im going to leave them be for now. Long term plan is to pickup a set of un-molested fenders, trim them a bit and leave them be..then run some quarter panel guards in the rear.

Didn't realize you were so close. If you need anythong be sure to let us know. We are part of a large dealer network & can get almost any part you'd need... Including parts from ruff stuff. Can save you money in the future!

Welcome aboard!

Jeep looks good sir. Keep up the good work!!

Back