• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator fan relay wiring

xonlyj

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn on my A/C on my 2000 XJ the electric radiator fan does not come on. The only time the fan runs is when the temp reaches about 210. Runs until it is about 195. I thought that the fan should run any time the A/C is selected. Any one have a wiring diagram for the fan relay showing both the temp sensor command and the A/C command?

What you describe is normal for a 2000 XJ. Sometime in 1998/99 Jeep reprogrammed the ECU engine computer to only run the e-fan when required. It should turn at about 215-218*.

Thanks, it just seems weird or redundant when the signal from the cts does the same thing at the same temp.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and the link to the fan motor repair! Just can't stand to see the temp needle to the right of vertical. Especially when it sits left of vertical at milder temps. Guess I am still basing things off my '91 XJ with a 5 speed. God I wish I still had it, rock solid and had compression braking to boot.

Back