• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 wheel bearings

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i get the basic idea from all the research i have done already

1.remove tire and drum

2. Open diff and remove the 12 point bolt that holds the center pin that holds the shafts in place (forgot proper terminology)

3. pull that pin and inspect for damage and wear then push in shafts to remove C clips and remove shafts.

4. Pull seal with a Seal puller that i borrow from the parts store?
or can this be done with a more available tool?

5. Use wheel bearing puller (slide hammer thing) that i borrow from the parts store .

6 Tap in with a 2x4 or something like that untill it sits flush on its stop
And tap in seal.

7. reassemble

Since this is the first time is there any tips you guys have for me ?

Also before i tear this thing apart can someone verify i ordered the correct parts .

I have Timken 6408 cylindrical bearings
and Timken 8835s Seals

it is the 29 spline 8.25 with alloys if that matters

You can always use a large screwdriver to remove the seal. Or a claw hammer. It's just basically leveraging under one part of the seal and pulling out it out. That's how I changed mine. You can also use a slide hammer to remove the bearings.

the bearing will need to be driven in further then flush . rent a race driver also. the new bearing will bottom out when fully installed. then unstall the seal. i use a large angled pry bar to pop out the seal

Back